The Renesas Product Longevity Program (PLP) helps customers select the most appropriate part for applications that require long life cycles.
There are two ways to find a PLP product.
- To search by product specifications, use the parametric search Help
- To search by product name, enter a product name in the search box at the top of the page Help
In limited cases, a PLP product may be replaced by an equivalent product. These products will be listed here for about three months following the date of the change.
- Products participating in the PLP are selected from products developed for industrial and infrastructure market segments. Products participating in the PLP are expected to have a long product life.
- A PLP product is managed under a special product life cycle for the duration that it participates in the program. Renesas Electronics strives to maintain supply of a PLP product for the duration that it participates in the program. Following the termination of a product's participation in the PLP, life cycle management for the product will be carried out as a regular product.
- PLP products are indicated clearly on the website, and the PLP duration is also published.
- The PLP duration is current at the time of publishing. It may be extended due to circumstances.
- Due to various circumstances, in some cases a PLP product may be replaced by an equivalent product that is also in the PLP. Products to which this applies will be indicated in a list published here for about three months following the change.
- By using this program, you understand and agree to the terms for using this website (Using Our Website) and the important notes about the PLP.
Products from Renesas' main product categories (microcontrollers and microprocessors, analog devices, power devices, compound semiconductor devices, memory, ASSP, etc.) that meet the following conditions are managed under a special product life cycle as PLP products.
- The product is developed for the industrial or infrastructure markets (including some general markets)
- The product is published on the Renesas website (products developed for a special segment or a specific customer, etc. are excluded)
- Future supply of the product for a fixed period is possible in terms of production facilities and other factors
- The product's status is "mass production" at the time it joins the program
Note 1. Whether a product participates in the PLP is determined after its status changes from under development to mass production.
Note 2. The PLP includes products that are "not recommended for new design" but are being supplied specially to customers who have already adopted them. Please refer to the Supply Policy page.
|Product||Main applicable products|
|Microcontrollers||RX, RL78, SH, V850, R8C, 78K, H8SX, H8S, H8, M16C, M32C, etc.|
|Renesas Synergy™ Platform||Renesas Synergy™ Microcontrollers S7 Series, Renesas Synergy™ Microcontrollers S5 Series, Renesas Synergy™ Microcontrollers S3 Series, Renesas Synergy™ Microcontrollers S1 Series|
|SRAM, EEPROM, op-amp, etc.|
|Power devices||IGBT, MOSFET, etc.|
|Compound semiconductor devices||Optoelectronics|
PLP is set by orderable part number. Orderable part numbers participating in the PLP are indicated by a date in the Product Longevity Program (PLP) column. Click the "Ordering" tab to see which orderable part numbers are participating in the PLP and their dates of termination from the Product Longevity Program.
Option 1. Find a PLP Product using Product Specifications
To search for PLP products, use the parametric search.
You can filter for application products using the PLP column.
Option 2. Find a PLP Product using Product Name
Enter a product name in the search box in the upper right of a webpage and search, the same as searching for a regular product name.
*The Renesas site search engine looks for matches for the start of a string. If no results matching your search criteria are found, try shortening your search string.
List of Changed PLP Products
Changed PLP products will be listed here for about three months following the date of the change.
List of Products Terminated from PLP
Due to changes made in our material supplier's production policy or other reasons, participation of some of the products in the program is terminated in consideration of the effect it may cause on QCD (Quality, Cost and Delivery). Renesas Electronics understands that the PLP plays an important role for our customers in selecting a part.
Renesas Electronics will make the utmost effort to provide all related information immediately after any changes occur that may affect PLP participating products.
Before using this program, please read and understand the following.
- All the information about this program is published only on the website. A record of changes is also published. Please check it regularly.
- This program provides an indication of the supply period of a product.
- The participation of a product in the program, its date of termination, and the contents of the program itself may be subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control. If any change occurs, it will be published on the website.
- PCN (Product Change Notices) for changes in product specifications, manufacturing facilities, or materials may be issued due to circumstances beyond our control even while this program is in effect.
- Even while this program is in effect, a PLP product may be replaced by another (equivalent) product in the program. Products to which this applies will be indicated in a list published on the website for about three months following the change.
- For some products such as memory, customers will be expected to switch to a compatible product even while this program is in effect.
- The date of PLP termination is the date that was planned at the point in time when it was officially announced. It is subject to change.