Product Longevity Program (PLP)
December 1, 2015
Due to changes made in our material supplier's production policy, participation of some of the products in the program is terminated in consideration of the effect it may cause on QCD (Quality, Cost and Delivery).
Renesas Electronics understands that the PLP plays an important role for our customers in selecting a part.
All related information will be provided immediately after any changes occur that may affect PLP participating products.
Your understanding is highly appreciated.
July 30, 2014
Change to operating rules:
Previously, PLP was indicated on part name level, but going forward PLP will be defined on the more detailed orderable part number level. Thus, the PLP status of orderable part numbers which you are already using in your application, or which you are planning to use, will be clear.
July 7, 2014
In the case that a PLP product is replaced by another (equivalent) product in the program, the products will be indicated in a list for about three months following the change.The list can be found here.
June 3, 2014
Added MCUs (RX630, 631, 63N Groups, RL78/G12, L1C, I1B Groups).
April 24, 2014
Added Communication LSI with muiti protocol support (R-IN series)
March 31, 2014
More detailed information added to this page.
- Added power devices and compound devices.
- Added SH-3 and SH-4. All lead-free products.
- Apology: Old product names were posted for some of the Low Power SRAM and EEPROM products uploaded on January 21. Their successors are the products participating in the PLP.
February 28, 2014
MCUs for industrial applications (SH-2A series) were added to the program.
SH-3 and SH-4 series in the MCU product category are not available at the moment, but they will be registered to the program and the information will be available on the website in mid-March '14.
The period of the program for some MCUs for industrial applications (RX series) was extended.
January 21, 2014
Renesas Electronics launches Product Longevity Program
Product status of MCUs and Analog Devices for industrial applications is now available on the web.
Renesas Electronics is operating the Product Longevity Program (PLP) to help customers select the most appropriate part for applications that require long life cycles.
There are two ways to find a PLP product.
There are cases when a PLP product is replaced by an equivalent product due to circumstances. Such products will be listed here for about three months following the date of the change: List here
Overview of Program
- Products participating in the PLP are selected from products developed for industrial and infrastructure market segments. Products participating in the PLP are expected to have a long product life.
- A PLP product is managed under a special product life cycle for the duration that it participates in the program. Renesas Electronics strives to maintain supply of a PLP product for the duration that it participates in the program. Following the termination of a product's participation in the PLP, life cycle management for the product will be carried out as a regular product.
- PLP products are indicated clearly on the website, and the PLP duration is also published.
- The PLP duration is current at the time of publishing. It may be extended due to circumstances.
- Due to various circumstances, in some cases a PLP product may be replaced by an equivalent product that is also in the PLP. Products to which this applies will be indicated in a list published here for about three months following the change.
- By using this program, you understand and agree to the terms for using this website (Using Our Website) and the important notes about the PLP.
Products from Renesas' main product categories (microcontrollers and microprocessors, analog devices, power devices, compound semiconductor devices, memory, ASSP, etc.) that meet the following conditions are managed under a special product life cycle as PLP products.
- The product is developed for the industrial or infrastructure markets (including some general markets)
- The product is published on the Renesas website (products developed for a special segment or a specific customer, etc. are excluded)
- Future supply of the product for a fixed period is possible in terms of production facilities and other factors
- The product's status is ""mass production"" at the time it joins the program
Note 1. Whether a product participates in the PLP is determined after its status changes from under development to mass production.
Note 2. The PLP includes products that are ""not recommended for new design""but are being supplied specially to customers who have already adopted them. Please refer to the Supply Policy page.
|Product||Main applicable products|
|Microcontrollers||RX, RL78, SH, V850, R8C, 78K, H8SX, H8S, H8, M16C, M32C, etc.|
|Renesas Synergy™ Platform||Renesas Synergy™ Microcontrollers S7 Series, Renesas Synergy™ Microcontrollers S5 Series, Renesas Synergy™ Microcontrollers S3 Series, Renesas Synergy™ Microcontrollers S1 Series|
|SRAM, EEPROM, op-amp, etc.|
|Power devices||IGBT, MOSFET, etc.|
|Compound semiconductor devices||Optoelectronics, RF Devices|
How to Identify PLP Products
PLP is set by orderable part number. Orderable part numbers participating in the PLP are indicated by an icon beside the part name. If you see an icon beside a part name, click "Ordering" tab to see which orderable part numbers are participating in the PLP and their dates of termination from the Product Longevity Program.
PLP Product Search Page
1. Find a PLP product by product specifications
To search products, use Product Search.
A filter for the year through which a product is available has been added to the search function.
Search results can be downloaded as an Excel file by clicking the Export Table to Excel button. By specifying a product category only, you can download an Excel file containing a list of all PLP products belonging to that product category.
Search by Product Name
2. Find a PLP product by product name
Enter a product name in the search box in the upper right of a webpage and search, the same as searching for a regular product name.* Products that have an icon beside the Part Name on the device details page are PLP products.
*The Renesas site search engine looks for matches for the start of a string. If no results matching your search criteria are found, try shortening your search string.
List of Products Terminated from PLP
Due to changes made in our material supplier's production policy or other reasons, participation of some of the products in the program is terminated in consideration of the effect it may cause on QCD (Quality, Cost and Delivery). Renesas Electronics understands that the PLP plays an important role for our customers in selecting a part.
Renesas Electronics will make the utmost effort to provide all related information immediately after any changes occur that may affect PLP participating products.
List of Products
Before using this program, please read and understand the following.
- All the information about this program is published only on the website. A record of changes is also published. Please check it regularly.
- This program provides an indication of the supply period of a product.
- The participation of a product in the program, its date of termination, and the contents of the program itself may be subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control. If any change occurs, it will be published on the website.
- PCN (Product Change Notices) for changes in product specifications, manufacturing facilities, or materials may be issued due to circumstances beyond our control even while this program is in effect.
- Even while this program is in effect, a PLP product may be replaced by another (equivalent) product in the program. Products to which this applies will be indicated in a list published on the website for about three months following the change.
- For some products such as memory, customers will be expected to switch to a compatible product even while this program is in effect.
- The date of PLP termination is the date that was planned at the point in time when it was officially announced. It is subject to change.