As a sophisticated on-chip debugging emulator and flash programmer, the E20 emulator provides enhanced trace functions and RAM monitoring functions for RX600 and RX700 products, and the full basic debugging functionality equivalent to the E2 emulator Lite. It is capable of large-capacity tracing for enhanced debugging in combination with MCUs that incorporate trace output functionality.
- Enhanced functions for faster debugging [Learn More :On-chip Debuggers Performance Property]
In addition to all the debugging functions of the E2 emulator Lite, the E20 supports powerful functionality such as larger trace capacity and realtime RAM monitoring. In addition, coverage function is supported on some MCUs of RX64M and RX71M Group.。
- Also functions as an on-board programmer.
Can be used as an on-board programming tool after the debugging, enabling smooth evaluation of the MCU.
- Optimally suited for evaluating analogue functions such as A/D and D/A properties.
Electrical characteristics are the same as those of the actual MCU, since the actual MCU is used for debugging.
- Serial, JTAG and LPD connections are supported.
For the communication system, serial, JTAG or LPD connection can be selected as required by the type of the target MCU.
- Simple connection
Connection requires only a connector mounted on the user system, thus significantly reducing the possibility of loose connection.
- Environmentally friendly material
The casing is made of plant-derived polylactide (PLA).
- Learn More
|Purpose of use||Software to be used||Target devices Note1||Latest Version||Released||Operating Environment|
*Evaluation Software Download
|RX, RL78, RH850
Functions Supported by CS+ (PDF | English, 日本語)
|V8.07.00 Note3||Jan. 20, 2022||Operating Environment|
*See "Release notes".
|Jan. 20, 2022|
|Apr. 20, 2020|
|IAR Embedded Workbench Note2||RX, RL78, RH850||Contact IAR Systems.|
|Green Hills Multi Note2||RH850||Contact Green Hills Software.|
|Flash Programming||Renesas Flash Programmer V3
*Evaluation Software Download
|RL78, RX, RH850
List of MCUs supported by Renesas Flash Programmer V3 (PDF | English, 日本語)
|V3.09.01||Jan. 20, 2022||Operating Environment|
- For details when using devices of V850 family, 78K0R, 78K0, or R8C family, see E1/E20 software for V850, 78K0R, 78K0, or R8C MCU >>.
- As for tools produced by partners, contact them directly.
- If you hope to continue to use the product on the Windows 32-bit version, use the CS+ IDE V8.06 and earlier that supports the 32-bit versions.
[Notification] End of Support: CS+ Integrated Development Environment for Windows 32-Bit Versions (PDF | English, 日本語)
- RX Family
- RL78 Family
- RH850 Family
Note: The E20 does not support RH850-family MCUs with the next-generation G4MH core, such as those of the RH850/E2x series. The E2 emulator is available for use with them.
- V850 Family
- 78K Family
- R8C Family
As the supported devices are different depending on the software you use, refer to the "Target devices" in Release information.