To transition to Industry 4.0 / IIoT applications, cyber-physical systems will demand even more flexibility, particularly around physical movement. Renesas offers extensive experience with motion and drive solutions being used today in leading automation systems.
Browse block diagrams for motion and drives applications to see how our devices could be used in your next project.
The AC servo system used in machine tools, industrial robots, and variety of other manufacturing machinery precisely controls the rotor position, rotation direction, rotation speed, and torque of servo motors. Features such as fast calculation, the ability to generate and output multiple waveforms, and feedback control are necessary to achieve fast response to changes in load, improved stopping accuracy, and minimal vibration.
The AC Drive system is a variable-speed controller that precisely controls the shaft rotation speed, typically, an induction motor or synchronous motor, and is widely used in industrial machinery such as production line conveyors, cranes, elevators, fans, pumps, and compressors.
- Renesas Ushers in New Era of Industrial Motor Commutation with High-Accuracy Inductive Position Sensing
- Renesas Expands Equipment Control and Networking Portfolio With New 32-Bit RX72N and RX66N MCUs for Industrial Automation
- Renesas RX13T 32-Bit MCU Enables Inverter Control in On-Off Switching Motors for Industrial and Home Appliances at Lower System Cost
- Renesas and MinebeaMitsumi Collaborate on Development of Stepping Motor Solutions for Robots, OA Equipment, and Medical/Nursing Equipment
- Renesas Launches RX72T Group to Expand Microcontroller Options for Servo Control in Industrial Robots
Solution Brochure and Catalog