RL78/F15 automotive microcontrollers employ the RL78 core, which realizes high processing performance while delivering the lowest power consumption in its class. A high-speed on-chip oscillator provides 32MHz CPU operation. An enhanced motor control functionality is offered by the motor control timer (Timer RD). For easy migration RL78/F15 is pin- and software upwards compatible to RL78/F14. The RL78/F15 Group even supports 125 ℃ (target) operation, whereby a CPU clock of 24 MHz can be reached. In addition, an abundance of functions to support functional safety, like ECC on RAM and a stack pointer monitor as well as an A/D converter testing function are available. With packages from 48 to 144-pin, a memory range from 128KB to 512KB flash, and advanced IPs for LIN and 2 channels of CAN communication and IEBus, these products are very well suited for a broad range of cost-sensitive automotive applications like DC- and BLDC motor control, HVAC, lighting and many kinds of body ECUs.
Need help figuring out what you need to get started? Jump to the Design Support section for details.
- CPU: RL78 core, Max. 32MHz
- Voltage: 2.7V to 5.5V
- Package: 48-pin HVQFN, 48 to 144-pin LFQFP
- Memory: SRAM Max. 32KB, Program Flash Max. 512KB
- PWM: PWM Output x 24, 3-phase PWM Output Function
- Analog function: 10-bit A/D Converter (ch) x 31, 8-bit D/A Converter (ch) x 1
- On-chip Oscillator Freq. (MHz): 64M, 48M, 32M, 24M, 16M, 12M, 8M, 4M, 1M Low-speed Oscillator 15kHz
- Others: PLL, RTC, Power-On Reset, Low Voltage Detection
- Car Audio
- Chassis & Safety
- Motor Control