Settings in a GUI and then one click of the mouse button is a simple way to produce initial settings for your microcontroller, and greatly reduces working hours for development.
The code generator plug-in can automatically generate control programs for peripheral modules (device driver programs). By generating needed source code in accordance with user settings, the plug-in shortens development terms and dramatically reduces costs.
The CS+ and e² studio integrated development environments from Renesas include the code generator plug-in. However, the situations to which the tool can respond depend on the microcontroller and integrated development environment, so refer to "Microcontrollers for Code Generation" below for details of product compatibility.
The code generator plug-in is a tool that you can install and use free of charge. Its operation is not guaranteed, although we have carefully evaluated the generated code. The user assumes all responsibility related to installing and using this tool.
A Note to Users of the Code Generator Plug-in
We are going to be expanding support for devices by the Smart Configurator, particularly in the case of new devices from the RX Family. Accordingly, although we will continue to support the Code Generator Plug-in for RX users, we recommend that you consider migrating to the Smart Configurator from the Code Generator Plug-in.
CS+ Code Generator:
- RL78 (CS+ for CA,CX)
- RL78 (CS+ for CC)
- RX (Some RX200 and RX600 Series MCUs are supported by Peripheral Driver Generator (a free tool), which operates independently of the integrated development environment.)
Details of upgrade (See Tool News)
- Simple operation of all processes through an easy-to-understand GUI
- Handles checking for cases where multiple peripheral modules are contending for the same pins
- An API provides functions to make the peripheral functions operate
- Since this tool is included in the CS+ and e² studio integrated development environments from Renesas, all processes from editing and building code to debugging can be smoothly executed from the same integrated environment
Microcontrollers for Code Generation
|RL78||RL78/F1x||RL78/F12, RL78/F13, RL78/F14, RL78/F15, RL78/F1E|
|RL78/G1x||RL78/G10, RL78/G11, RL78/G12, RL78/G13, RL78/G14, RL78/G1A, RL78/G1C, RL78/G1D, RL78/G1E, RL78/G1F, RL78/G1G, RL78/G1H|
|RL78/I1x||RL78/I1A, RL78/I1C, RL78/I1D, RL78/I1E|
|RL78/L1x||RL78/L12, RL78/L13, RL78/L1A, RL78/L1C|
|RX||RX100||RX110 (Note1), RX111 (Note1), RX113 (Note1), RX130 (Note1)|
|RX200||RX230 (Note1), RX231 (Note1), RX23T (Note1), RX24T (Note1), RX24U (Note1)|
|RX600||RX64M (Note1), RX651 (Note1), RX65N (Note1)|
|RH850||RH850/E1x||RH850/E1M-S (Please contact us.), RH850/E1L (Please contact us.)||—|
|78K0R||78K0R/Kx||78K0R/Kx3, 78K0R/Kx3-A, 78K0R/Kx3-L||—|
|V850ES/Jx||V850ES/Jx3, V850ES/Jx3-L, V850ES/Jx3-H, V850ES/Jx3-E|
Available | — Not Available
- 1. You cannot use the code generator plug-in when creating a new project for devices of this group with CS+ or the e² studio since they are supported by the Smart Configurator.
Regarding the Smart Configurator >>
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.|
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|