The RAA223012 is a universal input AC/DC switching regulator with ultra-low standby power that features a 700V integrated MOSFET capable of delivering up to 2.5W output power. It supports output voltage as low as 3.3V.
The 700V AC/DC regulator supports multiple topologies such as buck, primary-side-regulated flyback, and secondary-side-regulator flyback.
The RAA223012 combines constant off-time control for heavy load and Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM) for light-load operation. Constant off-time controls switching frequency above the audible frequency of approximately 50kHz. PFM eliminates any potential audible noises while offering superior light-load efficiency and ultra-low power consumption (< 10mW at no load). Efficiency is achieved up to 75%. The built-in frequency dithering further reduces the EMI noise spectrum.
The RAA223012 also features input brownout protection that prevents input circuitry from the overcurrent at low input voltage, and hiccup protections for output fault conditions such as short-circuit, overload, and open feedback.
The RAA223012 is available in a small 5 Ld TSOT23 and 8 Ld SOIC packages.
- Ultra low standby power (< 10mW)
- No audible noise
- Low quiescent current (< 100μA)
- Output voltage as low as 3.3V
- Low EMI with frequency dithering
- 5 Ld TSOT23 and 8 Ld SOIC package options
- Programmable PFM allows optimization of COUT for various standby power requirements
- Protection features: Short-Circuit Protection (SCP), Overload Protection (OLP), Open Feedback Protection, and Over-Temperature Protection (OTP).
- Home appliances
- Home automation, IoT, and sensors
- Metering and Industry control
- Bias power