The IP gateway is an optional bridge to an Intranet or the Internet for all sensor and/or control data. HTTPS or MQTT (among other options) can be used for secure protocol requirements. Multiple PHYs could also be used, such as:
- Wi-Fi based on IEEE 802.11
- Thread, Zigbee or 6LoWPAN based on IEEE 802.15.4
- Ethernet based on IEEE 802.3
- LTE-M/-NB (depending on the geographical region and available providers)
- Bluetooth® 5 mesh communication enables communication with other sensors and the actuators.
- The IP gateway function could either be a separate device or integrated in the actuator(s).
- For the power supply, usually mains will be needed for the fan/HVAC (e.g., 230Vac or 110Va, or 24Vdc) from the building control system. Renesas has a comprehensive set of power solutions available, depending on the exact use case.
|RX23W||32-bit MCUs with Bluetooth® 5 for IoT endpoint devices, system control and wireless communication achieved on a single chip||Datasheet||Select Specific Device|
|RX65N||120MHz 32-bit MCU with enhanced security, connectivity and HMI||Datasheet||Select Specific Device|
|ISL85415||Wide VIN 500mA Synchronous Buck Regulator||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|