C30 group is based on the latest USB Power Delivery Standard (Rev3.0) and supports the new USB Type-C™ standard. With the arrival of USB PD and the new USB Type-C™ connector standards, the usage models of USB charging and data communication are expected to expand significantly.
The R9A02G011 is a USB Power Delivery Controller supporting the latest generation USB Power Delivery (Rev 3.0) and USB Type-C™ standards. The R9A02G011 performs negotiation for more current and/or higher voltages over the USB Type-C™ cable than are defined in the USB2.0, USB3.0 or BC1.2 specifications, and controls local power source and/or sink circuitry.
The R9A02G011 also includes integrated on-chip flash ROM, oscillator and power-on reset circuits, and other features, and allows the number of external components to be reduced significantly. The new USB Power Delivery (USB PD) controller can be used in a wide range of applications with limited board space.
Combining Renesas’ authentication microcontroller (MCU) and advanced power supply control technologies, R9A02G011 based solutions are the building blocks to support the safety, security, efficiency and robustness needed for the upcoming USB PD eco-systems.
- Compliant with Based on Universal Serial Bus Power Delivery Specification Rev 2.0
- - Certified by USB-IF：TID=1000004(Silicon), 1020073(E-marker)
- - Supports USB Type-CTM Alternate mode and Electronically marked Cable
- - Supports Dual Role operation and Role Swap protocol
- - Supports Dead Battery operation
- Compliant with Universal Serial Bus Power Delivery Specification Rev 3.0
- - Certified by USB-IF：TID=1061007(Silicon), 1020074(E-marker)
- - Supports IEC63002.
- - Supports up to 260 bytes data transfer
- - Supports Programmable Power Supply
- Suitable for Energy Star and EuP specifications for low-power PC peripheral systems.
- Single Power Supply with wide voltage range from 3.0 to 5.5 V
- On-chip oscillator
- Integrating CC-PHY required for USB Type-CTM CC-pin and other external components
- On-chip Flash ROM
- Package : 32-pin QFN (5 mm x 5 mm)
- Supports SMBus Master and Slave interface
Internal Block Diagram:
- USB outlet, Portable Charger/Power Bank
- AC Adapter, USB PD Hub, PC
- Mobile Device (Smartphone, Tablet), Docking Station
- PC Peripheral Device (Monitor, Printer, Router, External HDD)
- Home Electronics (DTV, STB, Home Gateway)
- POS, Measuring instrument, etc.
|R9A02G011GNP#AC0||32-pin QFN (5 × 5mm) Lead-free product||-40～105℃|
Evaluation Board Order Information:
|Product Name||Orderable Part Number||Board Information||Ordering|
|RTK-251-1PowerBank3 with USB Type-C™ Authentication||RTK0EUG011D06010BJ|
|RTK-251-BuckBoostConverter2 with USB Type-C™ Authentication||RTK0EUG011D07010BJ|
|RTK-251-DRPEVB with USB Type-C™ Authentication||RTK0EUG011D08010BJ|
SuperFlash(R) is a registered trademark of Silicon Storage Technology, Inc. in several countries including the United States and Japan.
NOTE) This product uses SuperFlash(R) technology licensed from Silicon Storage Technology, inc.
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
Resources for Software and Hardware
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas products.|
|Video||Watch videos related to this product.|