Renesas' automotive wireless battery management system (BMS) offers material cost reduction and increased design flexibility, enabling more efficient scaling of electric vehicle fleets which are more competitive than traditional combustion-engine fleets.
- Eliminates the traditional BMS wired harness, saving the wiring and volume for design flexibility in the battery pack and improving manufacturability without compromising range and accuracy over battery life.
- SmartBond TINY™, the world’s smallest and lowest power Bluetooth® Low Energy (LE) 5.1 system-on-chip (SoC), reduces the cost of adding Bluetooth LE in an automotive system.
- Multi-cell/Bluetooth LE with the ISL78714 automotive-grade Li-ion battery manager IC for a more cost-effective solution or 1-cell/Bluetooth LE with a Bluetooth LE MCU module for a flexible cell attachment/detachment concept.
- Supports functional safety with RH850 microcontroller (MCU) and battery management IC (BMIC) devices.
- System-level validation with a Bluetooth LE module is under development by Renesas.
|RH850/P1M||High-End Automotive Microcomputers for Chassis Systems
(32-Bit MCU, ASIL D)
|Select Document||Contact Sales|
|Battery Management IC (BMIC)|
|ISL78714||Automotive-Grade Multi-Cell Li-Ion Battery Manager||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|ISL78307||40V, Low Quiescent Current, 50mA Linear Regulator for Automotive Applications||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|RAA271050||4A, High-Efficiency Synchronous Buck Regulator for Automotive Applications||Datasheet||Contact Sales|
|RAA270005||Power Management IC (PMIC) for Automotive RH850 MCUs||Datasheet||Contact Sales|
|Bluetooth Low Energy (LE)|
|DA14531 (Industrial Grade)||Bluetooth LE Solution that will Power the Next 1 Billion IoT Devices through Ease of Use
* Bluetooth Low Energy devices are pending AEC-Q100 qualification.