This solution is a full duplex satellite communication system that uses flat-panel electronically steered array antennas (ESAs) based on Renesas beamforming ICs (BFICs) for electronic beam positioning and tracking of a satellite. For half-duplex applications, the Tx and Rx antennas may be merged into a single board for reduced bill of materials (BOM).
- Lower weight and lower profile
- Fast beam steering for seamless handover between satellites
- Two independent Rx beams for simultaneous multi-satellite, multi-orbit operation and/or make-before-break capability
- Low Earth Orbit (LEO) ground antenna terminals
- SATCOM On-the-Move (SOTM)
- Maritime and in-flight connectivity (IFC) terminals