Renesas is a member of the Digital Illumination Interface Alliance (DiiA). We have offered MCU products, evaluation boards, and protocol stacks supporting the DALI interface for over a decade, and a large number of customers in many countries have adopted these products. DALI protocol stack components from Renesas have been tested Official DALI tester *1, who must all be members of the DiiA, so customers can use them with confidence. A number of library versions have also been developed by partner vendors working closely with Renesas. Moving forward, Renesas is committed to fostering the widespread adoption of DALI by supporting the development work of customers in collaboration with our partner vendors.
Provides a convenient environment for trying out DALI-2 .
- Tested Official DALI tester *1
- Versions are available to match specific MCU products.
- Substantially reduces the workload and time associated with development.
- Application notes providing a basic understanding of DALI are available.
- Evaluation version is provided by software automatic generation tool and application note.
Protocol Stack Library Versions (as of October 2019)
|IEC 62386 Standard||Applications||Details||RL78||Synergy *2|
|102 Ed.1.0||Lighting fixtures, PWM converters, etc.||Control Gear (General Requirement)||✔||-|
|207 Ed.1.0||LED modules (Particular Requirement)||✔||-|
|102 Ed.2.0||Control Gear (General Requirement)||✔||✔|
|207 Ed.2.0||LED modules (Particular Requirement)||Under development*3||✔|
|103 Ed.1.0||Switches, rotors, sensors, etc.||Control Device (General Requirement)||✔*4||✔|
|301 Ed.1.0||Push buttons (Particular Requirement)||Under development*3||✔|
- *1:Official DALI tester and test sequences are used to confirm the operation of the communication components of DALI products.
- *2:CS-Lab GMBH
- *3:Tessera Technology Inc.
- *4:A simplified version has been released by Renesas. A version for input devices is under development by Tessera Technology Inc.