Open Source FAT File System, M3S-TFAT-Tiny (TFAT) is a FAT file system that only requires a small amount of memory. It is suitable for use in applications such as single-function home appliances and compact industrial equipment where the incorporation of more sophisticated functionality or the newest technology, with a negligible increase in cost, is desired. To support such development activities, Renesas offers software libraries with only the essential features for the application, at low cost.
Use TFAT in any device incorporating a target microcontroller for functions such as accumulating measured or archived data, or rewriting a stored program via memory card. Although TFAT is a FAT file system, and PC data exchange capability enable analysis and management of data by a PC application.
- Compact design tailored for embedded systems
Realizable using the internal memory of the microcontroller
Approx. ROM 12.7KB Approx. RAM 4byte and the stack approx 200-byte
- OS is unnecessary
- The supplied sample programs include sample software for reading/writing files to MultiMediaCard on the CPU board which comes with the Renesas Starter Kit.
- It also allows you to read/write files to an SD Memory Card and USB Flash drive.
- Learn More
|Target Device||Software Name||Version / Release Date||Status|
|RL78||M3S-TFAT-Tiny for the RL78 Family||Latest Version: V.2.01 Release00
Released: March 11, 2015
|FAT File System: RL78 Family Open Source FAT File System M3S-TFAT-Tiny: Introduction Guide (ZIP | English, 日本語)|
|Sample Code: RL78/G14 Sound Playback/Compression Demonstration for RL78/G14 CPU Board (ZIP | English, 日本語)|
- RL78 Family Open Source FAT File System M3S-TFAT-Tiny: Introduction Guide (ZIP | English, 日本語)
- RL78 Family SPI mode MultiMediaCard Driver: Introduction Guide (ZIP | English, 日本語)
- RL78/G14 Sound Playback/Compression Demonstration for RL78/G14 CPU Board (ZIP | English, 日本語)