The Embedded Target for RH850 Multicore is a RH850 model-based multicore environment that simplifies complex driving control for the autonomous-driving era. In addition to the multicore support of the PILS (Note) tool for automatic configuration of environments, Embedded Target for Renesas CS+, it can also be interlinked with a model-based parallelization tool from eSOL Co., Ltd.
In addition, Embedded Target for RH850 Multicore + Multirate can directly and automatically generate parallelized code for multicore devices that are to run code from control models for engines, vehicle bodies and so on, which will, in general, require multiple control periods (requiring multi-rate control).
The Embedded Target for RH850 Multicore generates parallel code for multicore RH850 devices through the implementation phase of a Simulink® model from The MathWorks®, Inc. It contributes to innovative automotive control systems for “eco-cars” (fuel economy and CO2 regulation) and to enhanced safety through the evaluation of functionality and performance in the flow of development.
PILS: Processor In the Loop Simulation
- This enables evaluation of the operation of systems with multiple control periods, such as systems for controlling engines and bodies, and ECUs (Electronic Control Units), in which multiple systems for controlling various items in the vehicle as a whole are integrated.
- The generated schedulers are conformant with the type α control model that the MathWorks Automotive Advisory Board (MAAB) recommends in the Control Algorithm Modeling Guidelines.
- Automatically generated code is of the multi-rate single-task type and runs on multicore devices without an OS.
- The allowable margins for processing, for which the worst execution timespans during simulation are going to be the control periods, can be checked
- Graphical display of the states of execution for each core in sub-system units of Simulink models
- Acquisition of execution times in sub-system units at the time of simulation through the debugger of CS+
- Graphical display of the states of execution for each core in sub-system units
- This makes it possible to compare and examine which software structures make effective use of the capacity of the multiple cores directly on MATLAB® and Simulink models
- Automatically finds the best allocations of cores for complex innovative control systems then parallelizes them
- Automatically finds the best core allocations for control systems in cooperation with the MBP tool from eSOL Co., Ltd.
- Returning to earlier stages in design due to incorrect estimation of parallel performance before implementing software can be avoided, and the development times for multicore control software can be shortened
- Automatically generates parallel source code and provides visualization of the performance of multiple cores during modelling
- Cycle-accurate simulators as optional features of CS+, which allow the measurement of times that closely reflect those of actual systems. (For some of the RH850 MCUs) [Cycle-Accurate Simulator for RH850]
- Learn More
- The Embedded Target for RH850, which supports the block unit performance analysis of the single core is also available.
- To purchase the tool, contact your local Renesas Electronics marketing office or distributor for release date.
Type of License
Annual license, i.e. a license with a one-year expiry period. Contact your nearest Renesas distributor with regard to purchasing products.