The RE01B is an Arm® Cortex®-M0+ 32-bit MCU that integrates Bluetooth 5.0 functionality into the RE family and features ultra-low power and high-speed operation. The RE01B is ideal for many different battery-driven IoT applications due to its ultra-low power (35uA/MHz in operation, 500nA in standby) and high-speed operation (up to 64MHz) thanks to the SOTB™ technology, and its large memory footprint (1.5MB Flash memory/256KB SRAM). In particular, the RE01B is suitable for many consumer, healthcare and industrial sensor applications and also voice remote control applications that all require ultra-long battery life while needing high-speed computation and Bluetooth communication. The RE01B is also suitable for applications such as smart meters and monitoring devices that need large memory to handle large amounts of data and firmware updates. In addition, the RE01B improves your applications battery life or enables battery maintenance-free by using its built-in Energy Harvesting Controller.
The RE01B product has Bluetooth 5.0, an energy harvesting control circuit, ultra-low power consumption 14-bit ADC (4uA operation), low power flash programming (rewriting at about 0.6mA), as well as security function (Trusted Secure IP). Trusted Secure IP is capable of performing symmetric-key algorithm (AES) and random number generation at high speed using dedicated on-chip hardware, and can be used to realize the secure updating of flash memory and prevention of unauthorized firmware startup (secure boot). In addition, user key data can be safely managed by Trusted Secure IP, which contributes to protecting IoT-embedded devices from virus intrusion and wiretapping.
The RE01B Group provides a protocol stack that complies with the Bluetooth 5.0 LE specification. By combining with the profile provided by the development support tool QE for BLE, you can easily develop applications that utilize the Bluetooth Low Energy communication function of the RE01B group.
Get Development Tools
- CPU: Arm Cortex-M0+ core, Max. 64MHz
- Voltage: 1.62V to 3.6V
- Package: 64-pin QFN
- Memory: SRAM 256KB, Program Flash 1.5MB
- Timer: 32-bit Timer (ch) x 1, 16-bit Timer (ch) x 3, 8-bit Timer (ch) x 2, Watchdog Timer (ch) x 2, 1 second event timer, stop watch
- PWM: PWM Output x 8
- Analog function: 14-bit A/D Converter (ch) x 7
- On-chip Oscillator Freq. (MHz): Low speed 32.768kHz Middle speed 2MHz High speed 64 MHz
- Others: PLL, RTC, Power-On Reset, Low Voltage Detection
- Energy Harvesting Controller
- Communications functions: SCI (UART), I2C, SPI
- HMI and Graphics: 2D graphics
- 2.4 GHz radio with Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy
- Smart Metering
- Smart Home/Building