The RE01 256KB based on SOTB™ process technology realizes ultra-low current consumption in both active (25uA/MHz) and standby (400nA) mode and high speed operation (64MHz) at low voltage (1.62V) , which is impossible to achieve with conventional bulk silicon process. The RE01 has been certified by EEMBC to have the highest score of 705 for the ULPMark-CP by the EEMBC ULPMark™ benchmark; this benchmark has been developed to provide a standard method to compare the energy efficiency of ultra-low power MCUs.
The RE01 256KB can significantly extend battery life and deliver high performance even in applications that use small batteries and energy harvesting power sources that can supply only a small amount of current. The RE01 256KB can be used more generally for a variety of IoT sensors such as those in smart home/building, structure health monitoring, trackers, and wearable devices.
The RE01 256KB product has an energy harvesting control circuit, ultra-low power consumption 14-bit ADC (about 4uA operation), low power flash programming (rewriting at about 0.6mA), and security function (Trusted Secure IP). Trusted Secure IP is capable of performing symmetric-key algorithm (AES) and random number generation at high speed by dedicated on-chip hardware, and can be used to realize the secure updating of flash memory and prevention of unauthorized firmware startup (secure boot). In addition, user key data can be safely managed by Trusted Secure IP, which contributes to protecting IoT-embedded devices from virus intrusion and wiretapping.
Get Development Tools
- CPU: Arm Cortex-M0+ core, Max. 64MHz
- Voltage: 1.62V to 3.6V
- Package: 56-pin QFN, 72-pin WLBGA, 64 and 100-pin LFQFP
- Memory: SRAM 128KB, Program Flash 256KB
- Timer: 32-bit Timer (ch) x 4, 16-bit Timer (ch) x 6, 8-bit Timer (ch) x 2, Watchdog Timer (ch) x 2, 1 second event timer, stop watch
- PWM: PWM Output x 6, 3-phase PWM Output Function
- Analog function: 14-bit A/D Converter (ch) x 8/12
- On-chip Oscillator Freq. (MHz): Low speed 32.768kHz Middle speed 2MHz High speed 64 MHz
- Others: PLL, RTC, Power-On Reset, Low Voltage Detection
- Energy Harvesting Controller
- Communications functions: SCI (UART), IrDA, I2C, SPI, QSPI
- HMI and Graphics: MIP-LCD parallel interface, 2D graphics
- Smart Home/Building
- Structure Health Monitoring