The ISL78424, ISL78434, and ISL78444 are Automotive Grade (AEC-Q100 Grade 1) high voltage, high frequency, half-bridge NMOS FET drivers for driving the gates of up to 70V half-bridge topologies.
The family of half-bridge drivers feature 3A sourcing, 4A sinking peak gate drive current. The ISL78424 and ISL78444 feature a single tri-level PWM input for controlling both gate drivers. The ISL78434 has dual independent inputs for controlling the high-side and low-side driver separately. The ISL78424 and ISL78434 have independent sourcing and sinking pins for each gate driver and the ISL78444 has a single combined sourcing/sinking output for each gate driver.
Strong gate drive strength and the Adaptive Dead Time (ADT) feature allow this family of drivers to switch high voltage, low rDS(ON) power FETs in
half-bridge topologies at high operating frequencies while providing
shoot-through protection and minimizing dead time switching losses.
The ISL78424, ISL78434, and ISL78444 are offered in a 14 Ld HTSSOP package that complies with 100V conductor spacing per IPC-2221B. The ISL78444 is pin compatible with the ISL78420. All devices are specified across a wide ambient temperature range of -40°C to +140°C.
- Patented gate-sensed adaptive dead time control provides shoot-through protection and mimized dead time
- Unique tri-level PWM input for integration with Renesas multiphase controllers (for example, ISL78225 and ISL78226)
- 3A sourcing and 4A sinking output current
- On-chip 3Ω bootsrap FET switch
- Programmable dead time delay with single resistor
- Tri-level PWM input
- Separate source/sink pins at driver outputs
- Bootstrap and VDD Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Wide supply range: 8V to 18V
- Bootstrap supply maximum voltage: 100V
- Maximum phase voltage: 86V
- Minimum phase voltage: -10V