Synergy Software Package
SSP components are tightly integrated, optimized, tested, documented, and maintained by Renesas. A layered architecture enables developers to write their application with the Application Framework using common APIs, or by directly connecting to the device driver level as needed. Learn the functions of each SSP component here.
Renesas has established a Software Quality Assurance (SQA) process for the SSP to cover the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), from early market requirements validation to software verification and maintenance. Every element of the SSP is defined by and tested to meet these requirements.
SSP quality is tracked and measured using combinations of unit, functional, integration, performance, regression, dynamic, and static analysis tests. To ensure the Synergy SQA process is verifiable and produces quantifiable results, five software quality metric categories must be met for a SSP release:
· Meet coding standards
· Maintain low code complexity
· Have traceability to requirements
· Build cleanly
· Achieve full test coverage of all code
Three types of SSP licenses are available with a valid user or company account.
Portions of SSP code are protected under certain license types, meaning that while fully functional, protected code sections cannot be edited and sometimes cannot be viewed. The remainder of SSP code is always viewable and editable.
An Evaluation License with any valid account provides complementary use of the SSP and Synergy Tools, but protected sections cannot be viewed or edited.
A Development/Production License with a valid company account adds complimentary SSP maintenance and visibility to all SSP software, including protected sections if using a Synergy development tool. Protected sections cannot be edited. This license is required for development and production of any Synergy Platform based end-product.
A Source Code License is only required in the rare case that protected sections of the SSP need to be edited. Protected source code editing is not recommended and not needed for end-product development. Please contact your local Renesas sales representative to inquire about a SSP Source Code License.
Current Public Release
Release Date: 2018-03-28
MCUs Supported: S7G2, S3A7, S124, S3A3, S128, S5D9, S5D5, S3A6, S3A1, S1JA
SSP v1.4.0 is a fully qualified release of the Synergy Software Package that introduces support for the S3A1 and S1JA* MCU Groups, as well as several new features and enhancements to existing SSP modules.
New Features and Enhancements in SSP v1.4.0
1. SNMP - Simple Network Management Protocol, for remote management of IoT devices
2. Support for LTE CAT-M1 for low power cellular connectivity for connected devices at medium data rates
3. USB Isochronous Transfer Mode (ISO) and Video Class (UVC) for real-time, latency sensitive media transport on USB
4. Extensions to Cryptographic library:
- Elliptic Curve Cryptographic (ECC) Key Generation (P-192, P-256)
- RSA Key Generation and Installation with Hidden Root Key (1024, 2048 bit keys)
- AES Key Generation and Installation with Hidden Root Key (128, 192, 256 bit keys)
- Signature Generation and Verification
5. Enhanced Graphics capabilities for supporting JPEG Encoding and Motion JPEG
6. Support for the S3A1 and S1JA* MCU Groups
7. FileX has been integrated with internal RAM or external QSPI flash for block media storage
8. Support for specialized Analog peripherals for S1JA: Sigma Delta ADC, Op-Amp, High Speed and Low Power Analog Comparators
9. Audio recording over I2S
10. Support for the TB-S3A1 and TB-S1JA* Target Board Kits
11. Support for NetX and NetX Duo PPP (Point to Point Protocol)
12. Enhancements to NetX Secure and MQTT
13. Upgrades to NetX, NetX Duo, USBX stacks and ThreadX
For additional information on features, improvements and bug fixes, review the SSP v1.4.0 Release Notes and SSP User's Manual.
* At this time S1JA is only available for limited engagement with alpha customers
1. S1JA MCU is currently only supported by the IAR v8.21 toolchain. The S1JA is an Arm Cortex M23 which uses the Armv8-M architecture. Armv8-M architecture is not supported by the current version of GCC that is included with e2 studio in this release. When creating a project, the GCC toolchain may be selected by default. If so, change it to select the IAR compiler.
For instructions on installing IAR compiler in e2 studio, see the application note, Installing IAR Compiler into e2 studio. The document is available from the e2 studio downloads section, or may be accessed using this URL:
2. SSP v1.4.0 requires developers upgrade their toolchain to e2 studio v6.2.0 or IAR v8.21.1, and SSC v6.2.0. Older versions of toolchain are not compatible with SSP v1.4.0
3. Users are required to generate and download a new Development and Production License Key file from Synergy Software Package (SSP) page in Renesas Synergy Platform section, on Renesas.com and apply it to your projects when upgrading to SSP v1.4.0.
4. To generate and download a new License Key file, log on Renesas.com using your existing Synergy Gallery or myRenesas credentials, or by creating a new myRenesas account. A new License Key file can be generated by your Company Super User by clicking the ?Create a Development/Production License? link under the SSP section.
5. Once generated, the new License Key file can be downloaded by all users registered under that company account from the Licenses and Downloads section of MyRenesas Portal page. To access MyRenesas Portal, click the user name at the top of web page, then select View My Renesas Portal from the drop down list.
Note: For additional information on the SSP modules, including supplemental usage notes and known issues, refer to the document titled Additional Usage Notes for SSP v1.4.0, available on the Synergy Knowledge Base: https://en-us.knowledgebase.renesas.com/English_Content/Renesas_Synergy%E2%84%A2_Platform/Renesas_Synergy_Knowledge_Base/SSP_Version_1.4.0_Usage_Notes
Before installing the SSP, ensure that the following items are installed on the PC:
- Renesas e2 studio ISDE v6.2.0 (download from Renesas.com https://www.renesas.com/en-us/products/synergy/software.html),
- GNU Arm® Compiler (included in Renesas e2 studio ISDE v6.2.0 installer)
To install the SSP, follow these steps:
- a. SSP_Distribution_1.4.0.zip (SSP Package Installer, including SSP Package)
- b. Renesas Synergy Software Package (SSP) v1.4.0 Release Note (r11ut0031eu0101-synergy-sspv140-rel-note.pdf)
Note: Note: The default installation folder for the SSP is C:\Renesas\e2_studio.
SSP documentation is available for download from the Synergy Software Package (SSP) page in Renesas Synergy Platform section, on Renesas.com. Sign in the MyRenesas Account using either existing MyRenesas or Synergy Gallery credentials or by creating a new MyRenesas account.