Accurately and easily evaluate analog performance of high-precision analog front-end integrated in RX23E-A Group of RX Family
The RX23E-A Renesas Solution Starter Kit (RSSK) includes an RX23E-A mounted evaluation board with sensor measurement peripheral circuits. By using it with software downloadable from the website, users can start evaluating analog features right after unboxing. The kit helps users shorten development period and improve time-to-market.
- On-board RX23E-A flashed with sample program.
- Peripheral circuits necessary for sensor measurement.
- Reference junction compensation circuit required for thermocouple measurement
- 2-wire/3-wire/4-wire resistance temperature detector (RTD) measurement
- Bridge-type sensor measurements, such as for strain gauge.
- Easy evaluation by GUI-based PC tool program
- AFE parameters setting function
- AD conversion result display function (time waveform, histogram)
- Digital filter frequency response display
- K-type thermocouple packaged.
- Sample programs for thermocouple measurement, RTD, and strain gauge measurement available.
(GUI and sample programs are released on web)
- Directly connect to E1, E2, and E2-Lite emulators (*1)
- Software development possible with only USB power supply.
- Plug-in connector for analog input and miniature thermocouple connector
- RS485 and CAN-driver ICs on-board.
*1. E1, E2 and E2-Lite emulators are sold separately.
RX23E-A is a group from the RX MCU family with integrated high-precision analog front-end. Thanks to low noise and low drift of analog front-end features, the high-precision sensor measurement can be achieved with computation performance, system control, and communication in one chip. Refer to the RX23E-A product page for more detail.
RSSK Configuration and Evaluation Circuit
The kit consists of an evaluation board with the RX23E-A and peripheral circuits for sensor measurement, a K-type thermocouple, and is provided with the GUI and sample programs. These ready-to-use tools enable users to start evaluation of the A/D converter without hardware modification or software development.
The kit can be utilized to evaluate the measurements of thermocouples, RTD, and strain gauges, which are typical sensors in industrial equipment. Our evaluation of K-type thermocouples using the RSSK shows that the measured temperature error is within ±0.6°C under environments between -40°C and 85°C and the effective resolution is 19.4 bit, which means temperature deviation is equivalent to 0.0015°C at rms value. The measured temperature error, which is within the sensor error, validates the evaluation board as a reference design.
Refer to application notes for more details of each sensor measurement evaluation.
- Evaluation board
- Thermocouple (Type-K)
- PC tool program (*1)
- User's Manual (*1)
- Quick Start Guide (*1)
- Circuit diagram (*1, included in user's manual)
- Board diagram (*1, included in user's manual)
- *1. Download from website.The PC tool program comes with the latest versions of sample programs.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|On-Demand Training||Renesas Academy provides 24/7 on demand access to course modules on the latest product features and capabilities.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|
|Tools Orderable Part Number (s)||Production Status||Manufacturer||Suggested Single Tool Price||
|Description||Distributor Stock||Distributors||Distributor Purchase||Buy Direct|
|RTK0ESXB10C00001BJ||Mass Production||Renesas||call||1||Renesas Solution Starter Kit for RX23E-A||8||Digi-Key||-|
Note: Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.