- CC-RL, CC-RX, CC-RH -
Thank you for purchasing compiler products from Renesas.
This page is intended for users who have purchased licenses for the CC-RL, CC-RX, or CC-RH compilers.
Follow the steps below before using a compiler product.
After having received the license key, follow steps 3 and 4.
*The trial period of a free evaluation edition is 60 days. See for details: Evaluation software tools
1. Reading the Software License Agreement
Before using a compiler product (CC-RL, CC-RX, or CC-RH), carefully read the Software License Agreement for the type of license you have purchased.
|Licenses||Software License Agreement|
|Node-Locked License||annual||Software License Agreement *IDF-16-015635|
|permanent||Software License Agreement *IDF-15-015427|
|Floating License||annual||Software License Agreement *IDF-16-015637|
|permanent||Software License Agreement *IDF-15-005414-01|
2. Installing an IDE and the license management software
An integrated development environment (IDE) and license management software need to be installed. The e² studio and CS+ are available for use as IDEs.
Executing the installer for the IDE installs the IDE along with the compiler and the license manager you intend to use.
See the table below and install software that using your compiler requires.
*From July 2022, the CC-RH compiler has also been made usable with the e² studio. Combinations of CC-RH V2.04.00 and later versions and e² studio 2022-07 and later versions are supported.
|Integrated Development Environment||Download|
See details of e² studio
|e² studio 2023-10|
See details of CS+
|CS+ for CC V8.10.00|
If you have purchased a floating license, you will need to install the license management software on a server PC.
If you have already installed the required software, go to step 3.
3. Acquiring a license key (if you have purchased an annual license)
- Ensure that you have the license acquisition code that came with the compiler package.
- Log in to My Renesas on the Renesas Web site.
My Renesas: https://www.renesas.com/myrenesas
- Select [Obtain Subscription License Key] from the menu, and register the license acquisition code.
*The license key is valid for one year from the time of acquisition (initial registration of the license acquisition code).
If you purchase a new license to use a compiler for a second year, for example, we recommend only acquiring a new license key when you need to use the compiler again after the first license has expired or at the time the first license expires.
4. Registering the license key
If you have purchased a permanent license, make sure you have the license-key certificate that came with the compiler package.
If you have purchased an annual license, make sure you have the license key you received through step 3, Acquiring a license key.
Watch this video and follow the procedure listed below. (0:25 to 1:18)
- Select [Renesas Electronics Utilities] from the Windows start menu (or [All Programs]) and then [Renesas License Manager].
- Click on the [Add license] button. The [Add Node Locked License] window appears.
- Enter the license key in the [Add following License keys] field and click on the [Add] button.
- Check that the name of the compiler license you have purchased is displayed in the [License Manager] window.
*When you click on the name of an annual license, the type of license (Node-Locked or Floating) and expiration date are displayed in the lower pane of the window.
- Click on [Quit] to close the License Manager.
Watch this video and follow the procedure listed below.
- Server PC: Register the license key on the floating license server. (1:11)
- Client PC: Start up the License Manager to make the initial settings for using a floating license. (1:42)
You can also check the above procedure in the following user’s manuals.
This completes preparations for the use of a compiler product.
5. Tool user registration (recommended)
We recommend registration as a user for managing and preventing the loss of tool products you have purchased.
For details on user registration, go to the Tool User Registration page.
How to Register a product
- Click on [Software/Tool Registration] in the MyRenesas menu.
- On the "Software/Tools Registered" page, click on [Add].
- On the "Register a Software/Tool" page, enter the required information on your product (as shown in the example below) and click on [Register].
Product category: Compiler/Assembler
Product name (example): RX Family C/C++ Compiler Package [CC-RX]
License key: The license key that you registered in step 4, Registering the license key
Related user’s manuals
- License Manager V2.05.00 User's Manual (PDF | English, 日本語)
- Floating License Server V2.04.00 User's Manual Rev.1.00 (PDF | English, 日本語)
- e² studio Integrated Development Environment User's Manual: Getting Started Guide RX, RL78, RH850 Family Rev.1.00 (PDF | English, 日本語)
- CS+ V8.02.00 Integrated Development Environment User's Manual: Installer Rev.1.00 (PDF | English, 日本語)
Individual compiler product pages
- CC-RL: C Compiler Package for RL78 Family
- CC-RX: C/C++ Compiler Package for RX Family
- CC-RH: C Compiler Package for RH850 Family
- Frequently Asked Questions about C/C++ Compiler Package for RX Family (CC-RX)
- Is the RL78 C compiler license bought with CS+ valid for e² studio, too?
- Search from all FAQs
If you have any inquiries, please contact us from the following link.