The RAA223011 is a universal input AC/DC switching regulator with ultra-low standby power that features a 700V integrated MOSFET capable of delivering up to 4W output power. It supports output voltage as low as 3.3V. For higher power, use the RAA223021 device, and for low-cost small power solutions (< 2W) use the RAA223012 device.
The 700V AC/DC regulator supports multiple topologies such as buck, primary-side-regulated flyback, and secondary-side-regulator flyback.
The RAA223011 combines constant off-time control for heavy load and Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM) for light-load operation. Constant off-time controls switching frequency above the audible frequency of approximately 30kHz. PFM eliminates any potential audible noises while offering superior light-load efficiency and ultra-low power consumption (< 10mW at no load). Efficiency is achieved up to 80%. The built-in frequency dithering further reduces the EMI noise spectrum.
The RAA223011 also features input brownout protection that prevents input circuitry from the overcurrent at low input voltage, and hiccup protections for output fault conditions such as short-circuit, overload, and open feedback.
The RAA223011 is available in a small 5 Ld TSOT23, 7 Ld SOIC, and 8 Ld SOIC packages.
- Ultra-low standby power (< 10mW)
- No audible noise
- Low quiescent current (< 100μA)
- Output voltage as low as 3.3V
- Low EMI with frequency dithering
- 5 Ld TSOT23, 7 Ld SOIC, and 8 Ld SOIC package options
- Programmable PFM allows optimization of COUT for various standby power requirements
- Protection features: Short-Circuit Protection (SCP), Overload Protection (OLP), open feedback protection, and Over-Temperature Protection (OTP)
- Home appliances
- Home automation, IoT, and sensors
- Metering and Industry control
- Bias power