Governance for Using our Website
Usage Conditions for the Renesas Electronics Web Site
Persons using the Renesas Electronics Web site (referred to as "Visitors") are deemed to have agreed to the usage conditions detailed below. Such usage conditions, however, are subject to change without any prior notice, so Visitors are urged to refer to the latest version.
The Renesas Electronics Web site contains sections administered by various departments within the company as well as links to external Web sites administered by affiliated companies. Note that such sections and Web sites may be subject to their own usage conditions, which are specified therein.
Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
Information, including text, charts, images, photographs and video(collectively referred to as "Content") presented on the Renesas Electronics Web site and referring to products, services, or technologies is protected under copyright law and other treaties and statutes.
Visitors may use the Content for personal use. The explicit consent of Renesas Electronics is required for use exceeding this scope (including reproduction, modification, transmission, distribution and transfer).
Except as stated above, Renesas Electronics grants Visitors no copyrights, patent rights, trademark rights, or other intellectual property rights relating to Content.
In cases where specific usage conditions are indicated for individual Content items, those conditions take precedence.
Trade names, trademarks and emblems of Renesas Electronics or of third parties used on the Renesas Electronics Web site are protected under the Trademarks Law, the Unfair Competition Prevention Law and other statutes. They may not be used without the explicit consent of their rightful owners.
Renesas Electronics and its affiliates do not make any warranty of accuracy, usefulness, certainty or any other kind, relating to the contents and any other information on this website (hereinafter "Contents").
In no event shall Renesas Electronics and its affiliates be liable for any loss, expense or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of or reliance upon the Contents.
Renesas Electronics or its affiliates may suspend or stop operating this website without any notice. Renesas Electronics or its affiliates may change and/or alter the Contents, or may suspend or discontinue the services provided through this website at any time without any notice. Renesas Electronics and its affiliates shall not be held liable for any damages arising out of any suspension or stop of operating this website, or change, alteration, suspension or discontinuance of the Contents.
Renesas Sample Program Terms and Conditions (PDF)
Visitors are prohibited from engaging in the following actions
- Actions that infringe on the property, rights, or privacy of Renesas Electronics or a third party, or that pose a threat of such infringement.
- Actions intended to slander, libel, or intimidate Renesas Electronics or a third party.
- Actions bringing disadvantage or damage to Renesas Electronics or a third party, or that pose a threat of doing so.
- Actions injurious to the reputation or good name of Renesas Electronics or a third party.
- Actions considered contrary to prevailing social standards, or that pose a threat of being so.
- Actions involving use of the Web site for sales activities or other profit-making purposes.
- Actions in violation of laws or regulations, or that pose a threat of such violation.
- Actions involving the use or provision of harmful programs such as computer viruses, or that pose a threat of such use or provision.
- Actions involving false registration, declaration, or notification.
- Actions that interfere with the operation of the Renesas Electronics Web site, such as unlawfully tampering with the Web site Contents, interfering with server communication, or embedding unauthorized data into the Web site.
- Any other actions judged inappropriate by Renesas Electronics
International Availability of Products and Services
Information provided on the Renesas Electronics Web site applies to products and services available in Japan. These products and services may only be purchased, obtained and used by persons residing in Japan. In cases where availability in specific countries or regions is indicated for individual products or services, those indications take precedence.
Information Provided by Visitors
Renesas Electronics requests that Visitors to the Renesas Electronics Web site refrain from providing confidential information about themselves or proposals such as ideas for new products, services, or technologies.
Notification is hereby given that Renesas Electronics assumes that Visitors agree to the following with regard to the handling of information or proposals received via the Renesas Electronics Web site:
- Renesas Electronics assumes no obligation to protect the confidentiality of information or proposals provided by Visitors to the Renesas Electronics Web site.
- Renesas Electronics assumes no obligation to study, evaluate, or use information or proposals provided by Visitors to the Renesas Electronics Web site.
- Renesas Electronics assumes no responsibility to provide compensation or payment for information or proposals provided by Visitors to the Web site, even if Renesas Electronics uses such information or proposals, in whole or in part, or similar information or proposals.
Trade names, trademarks, marks, and emblems of Renesas Electronics, affiliated companies, and other companies that are used on the Renesas website are protected by the Trademark Act, the Unfair Competition Prevention Act and other statutes. Usage of any of these items without express consent from Renesas Electronics or their rightful owners is prohibited.
Applicable Laws and Court Jurisdiction
Japanese law applies to the Renesas Electronics Web site and the Web site usage conditions. In the event of any dispute regarding the Renesas Electronics Web site or the Web site usage conditions may arise, the court of first instance having exclusive jurisdiction shall be the Tokyo District Court.
Japan General Bulk License References
- 2020 GBL Commodity (General Bulk License for Commodity) (PDF)
- 2020 GBL Commodity Interpretation (PDF)
- 2020 GBL Technology (General Bulk License for Technology) (PDF)
- 2020 GBL Technology Interpretation (PDF)
- Appendix 1: List of Customers in Countries Not Eligible under METI Bulk License (PDF)
- Appendix 2: List of Entities or Individuals on Japan's Entities of Concerned List (PDF)
Linking to the Renesas Electronics Web Site
Visitors wishing to link to the Renesas Electronics Web site must agree to and follow the "Rules Regarding Links" below. If these conditions are met, Renesas Electronics permits linking by sites, regardless of whether they are commercial or non-commercial or accessible via the Internet or via an intranet.
Guidelines Regarding Links
- Renesas Electronics strictly prohibits links from Web sites judged to fall into any of the following categories:
- Web sites containing Content that slanders, libels, or damages the reputation of the management, employees, products, or services of Renesas Electronics or its affiliated companies, or of third parties.
- Web sites containing Content that infringes on or poses a threat of infringing on the intellectual property rights of Renesas Electronics, its affiliated companies, or third parties.
- Web sites containing Content that is obscene or could be considered contrary to prevailing social standards.
- Web sites containing Content that could be mistakenly construed as implying an association with Renesas Electronics, its affiliated companies, or their products or services.
- Web sites containing Content that is illegal or potentially illegal. If Renesas Electronics determines that any of the above applies to your Web site and requests removal of links to the Renesas Electronics Web site, you are expected to comply with the request without fail.
- When linking to the Renesas Electronics Web site, please link to the top page. (http://www.renesas.com/)
- Renesas Electronics prohibits linking in such a way that the identity of the Renesas Electronics Web site might become unclear, such as links that display in a frame on the linking page. Please edit your settings so that the Renesas Electronics Web site is displayed in a new window.
- The method for placing a link to the Renesas Electronics Web site in your page is as follows.
- Adding a banner link
- You are welcome to use the banner below to link to the Renesas Electronics Web site.To insert the banner link, please download (White／Blue) the banner and copy the code below into the HTML of your Web page. If necessary edit the "***/renesas_link.gif" part to the appropriate relative path.
<a href="http://www.renesas.com/" target="_blank"> <img src="***/renesas-link-wh.gif" alt="Renesas Electronics Corporation Web site" border="0" width="210" height="50"></a>
<a href="http://www.renesas.com/" target="_blank"> <img src="***/renesas-link-bl.gif" alt="Renesas Electronics Corporation Web site" border="0" width="210" height="50"></a>
- *The code for the banner must be as shown above and changing the size of the image or modifying, altering, or changing its content is strictly prohibited.
- *The above banner link is to be used exclusively for linking to the Renesas Electronics Web site. Using the banner for any other purpose is strictly prohibited.
- Please contact a Renesas Electronics sales representative or contact us if you want to create a link citing Renesas Electronics as a customer, client, business partner, case study, etc.
- Adding a text link
- Please indicate the company name as "Renesas Electronics Corporation"
- Renesas Electronics and its affiliated companies assume no responsibility for any problems or compensation for damages arising due to links to the Renesas Electronics Web site.
- The logo marks, trademarks, etc., of Renesas Electronics may not be used in the Web sites, printed materials, etc., of third parties (whether individuals or corporations), regardless of purpose or length of duration, without the consent of Renesas Electronics.
- Renesas Electronics makes no assurance regarding the permanence of the information or URLs associated with the Web site. Both are subject to change without notice.
Cookies are small text files placed on the hard drive of the visitor's computer by the Web page server. They are used to facilitate registration procedures and for referring to previously registered information. Cookies cannot run programs on the visitor's computer or infect it with viruses.
The main purpose of cookies is to make the visitor's experience of the Web site more convenient by saving time. For example, cookies can make it easier to call up profile information on a user who has visited the site previously. This information may indicate that the visitor uses a particular Web page in a certain way or track movement from page to page within the site.
The Renesas Electronics Web site also uses a technology called Web beacons in combination with cookies. Web beacons (also called clear GIFs or action tags) are a tool for tracking usage, such as the number of clicks on the main elements (links, images, etc.) of a Web page, blog entry, or newsletter. They provide no personally identifiable information about users. Note that Renesas Electronics may share statistics related to Web site usage with affiliated companies.
Visitors may decide to change their browser settings to block acceptance of cookies. Please keep in mind that this may render some or all of the services offered via the Web site unusable.
This is an all-encompassing notice for technical documents.
This content of this page takes precedence over the "Notice" appearing in previously issued documents.
- Descriptions of circuits, software and other related information in this document are provided only to illustrate the operation of semiconductor products and application examples. You are fully responsible for the incorporation or any other use of the circuits, software, and information in the design of your product or system. Renesas Electronics disclaims any and all liability for any losses and damages incurred by you or third parties arising from the use of these circuits, software, or information.
- Renesas Electronics hereby expressly disclaims any warranties against and liability for infringement or any other claims involving patents, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights of third parties, by or arising from the use of Renesas Electronics products or technical information described in this document, including but not limited to, the product data, drawings, charts, programs, algorithms, and application examples.
- No license, express, implied or otherwise, is granted hereby under any patents, copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Renesas Electronics or others.
- You shall be responsible for determining what licenses are required from any third parties, and obtaining such licenses for the lawful import, export, manufacture, sales, utilization, distribution or other disposal of any products incorporating Renesas Electronics products, if required.
- You shall not alter, modify, copy, or reverse engineer any Renesas Electronics product, whether in whole or in part. Renesas Electronics disclaims any and all liability for any losses or damages incurred by you or third parties arising from such alteration, modification, copying or reverse engineering.
- Renesas Electronics products are classified according to the following two quality grades: “Standard” and “High Quality”. The intended applications for each Renesas Electronics product depends on the product’s quality grade, as indicated below.
- office equipment; communications equipment; test and measurement equipment; audio and visual equipment; home electronic appliances; machine tools; personal electronic equipment; industrial robots; etc.
- “High Quality”:
- Transportation equipment (automobiles, trains, ships, etc.); traffic control (traffic lights); large-scale communication equipment; key financial terminal systems; safety control equipment; etc.
- Unless expressly designated as a high reliability product or a product for harsh environments in a Renesas Electronics data sheet or other Renesas Electronics document, Renesas Electronics products are not intended or authorized for use in products or systems that may pose a direct threat to human life or bodily injury (artificial life support devices or systems; surgical implantations; etc.), or may cause serious property damage (space system; undersea repeaters; nuclear power control systems; aircraft control systems; key plant systems; military equipment; etc.). Renesas Electronics disclaims any and all liability for any damages or losses incurred by you or any third parties arising from the use of any Renesas Electronics product that is inconsistent with any Renesas Electronics data sheet, user’s manual or other Renesas Electronics document.
- No semiconductor product is absolutely secure. Notwithstanding any security measures or features that may be implemented in Renesas Electronics hardware or software products, Renesas Electronics shall have absolutely no liability arising out of any vulnerability or security breach, including but not limited to any unauthorized access to or use of a Renesas Electronics product or a system that uses a Renesas Electronics product. RENESAS ELECTRONICS DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT RENESAS ELECTRONICS PRODUCTS, OR ANY SYSTEMS CREATED USING RENESAS ELECTRONICS PRODUCTS WILL BE INVULNERABLE OR FREE FROM CORRUPTION, ATTACK, VIRUSES, INTERFERENCE, HACKING, DATA LOSS OR THEFT, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION (“Vulnerability Issues”). RENESAS ELECTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ANY VULNERABILITY ISSUES. FURTHERMORE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RENESAS ELECTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THIS DOCUMENT AND ANY RELATED OR ACCOMPANYING SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- When using Renesas Electronics products, refer to the latest product information (data sheets, user’s manuals, application notes, “General Notes for Handling and Using Semiconductor Devices” in the reliability handbook, etc.), and ensure that usage conditions are within the ranges specified by Renesas Electronics with respect to maximum ratings, operating power supply voltage range, heat dissipation characteristics, installation, etc. Renesas Electronics disclaims any and all liability for any malfunctions, failure or accident arising out of the use of Renesas Electronics products outside of such specified ranges.
- Although Renesas Electronics endeavors to improve the quality and reliability of Renesas Electronics products, semiconductor products have specific characteristics, such as the occurrence of failure at a certain rate and malfunctions under certain use conditions. Unless designated as a high reliability product or a product for harsh environments in a Renesas Electronics data sheet or other Renesas Electronics document, Renesas Electronics products are not subject to radiation resistance design. You are responsible for implementing safety measures to guard against the possibility of bodily injury, injury or damage caused by fire, and/or danger to the public in the event of a failure or malfunction of Renesas Electronics products, such as safety design for hardware and software, including but not limited to redundancy, fire control and malfunction prevention, appropriate treatment for aging degradation or any other appropriate measures. Because the evaluation of microcomputer software alone is very difficult and impractical, you are responsible for evaluating the safety of the final products or systems manufactured by you.
- Please contact a Renesas Electronics sales office for details as to environmental matters such as the environmental compatibility of each Renesas Electronics product. You are responsible for carefully and sufficiently investigating applicable laws and regulations that regulate the inclusion or use of controlled substances, including without limitation, the EU RoHS Directive, and using Renesas Electronics products in compliance with all these applicable laws and regulations. Renesas Electronics disclaims any and all liability for damages or losses occurring as a result of your noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Renesas Electronics products and technologies shall not be used for or incorporated into any products or systems whose manufacture, use, or sale is prohibited under any applicable domestic or foreign laws or regulations. You shall comply with any applicable export control laws and regulations promulgated and administered by the governments of any countries asserting jurisdiction over the parties or transactions.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer or distributor of Renesas Electronics products, or any other party who distributes, disposes of, or otherwise sells or transfers the product to a third party, to notify such third party in advance of the contents and conditions set forth in this document.
- This document shall not be reprinted, reproduced or duplicated in any form, in whole or in part, without prior written consent of Renesas Electronics.
- Please contact a Renesas Electronics sales office if you have any questions regarding the information contained in this document or Renesas Electronics products.
- (Note 1) “Renesas Electronics” as used in this document means Renesas Electronics Corporation and also includes its directly or indirectly controlled subsidiaries.
- (Note 2) “Renesas Electronics product(s)” means any product developed or manufactured by or for Renesas Electronics.
- (Rev. 5.0-1 October 2020)
Through the use of social networks, video and file sharing websites, and other types of social media that may be operated under an official account of the Renesas Electronics Group ("Renesas Social Media"), we conduct activities in the manner specified below.
We keep in mind that the general public can access information posted in Renesas Social Media, and that information once posted cannot be completely erased.
We listen attentively to statements directed to us via Renesas Social Media.
We comply with the laws and regulations and company regulations of the Renesas Electronics Group when we post information in Renesas Social Media.
- [Disclaimer] Information posted in Renesas Social Media is not necessarily intended to reflect our official company policy, statements or endorsements. We post our official announcement on our website (http://www.renesas.com) and as press releases, etc. of the Renesas Electronics Group.
- [Contact Information] If you have any questions about Renesas Social Media, please do not hesitate to Contact Us.
- [Official account list] Please refer to the "List of Official Social Media Accounts" for the complete list of Renesas Social Media accounts.
Renesas Official Social Media Accounts
Renesas official social media accounts deliver trusted leading technological trends, and the latest Renesas innovations and happenings.
Other Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Sale
View Renesas Electronics America General Terms and Conditions of Sale
Purchasing Terms and Conditions
View Renesas Electronics America Purchasing Terms and Conditions
|4Cs (and logo) *||company, customer, co-worker, community||TM||Renesas Electronics America|
|All Flash||microcontrollers with flash memory||®||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|AsicNavi||Java-based gate array selection tool||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|CMADS||current mode advanced digital signaling||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|COSMORAM||common specifications for mobile RAM||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|Dx Series **||8- and 32-bit microcontrollers||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|ECOUSB||environmentally friendly USB||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|EMMA||enhanced multimedia architecture||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|EMMArchitecture||enhanced multimedia architecture||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|FIP||fluorescent indicator panel||®||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|Fx Series **||8- and 32-bit microcontrollers||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|IEBus||inter equipment bus||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|IMAPCAR||integrated memory array processor for the car||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|Inter Equipment Bus||inter equipment bus||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|ISSP||instant silicon solutions platform||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|Kx Series **||8- and 32-bit microcontrollers||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|MICROSSP||system LSI design platform for ARM926EJ-S- and ARM946E-S-based designs||®||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|Mobile AGCPS||low-power-consuming backlight control technology||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|Mobile CMADS||mobile current mode advanced differential signaling technology||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|Multifab||manufacturing strategy||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|OpenCAD||ASIC design environment||®||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|platformOViA||Open, Value Interface for your Applications||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|SCOMBO||optical drive system LSI for DVD playback and recording||®||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|SMAFTI||smart connection with feed-through interposer||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|Sx Series **||8- and 32-bit microcontrollers||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|UltimateLowPower||proprietary technology with new device structure and advanced circuit design||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|V850 **||32-bit RISC microcontrollers||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|V850E **||32-bit RISC microcontrollers||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|V850ES **||32-bit RISC microcontrollers||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|VR Series **||64-bit MIPS RISC microprocessors||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
|ZEROSB||zero speed bump||TM||Renesas Electronics Corporation|
- * The 4Cs slogan and logo are trademarks of Renesas Electronics America.
- **All derivative part numbers in these product lines are trademarks of Renesas Electronics Corporation in Japan, the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of Renesas Electronics Corporation in Japan and other countries.
© 2003-2018 Renesas Electronics America Inc. All rights reserved.
All contents on this site are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Except as specifically permitted herein, no portion of the information on this web site may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior written permission from Renesas Electronics America Inc. Visitors or users are not permitted to modify, distribute, publish, transmit or create derivative works of any material found on this site for any public or commercial purposes.
Social Media Policy