Ventilation in buildings is important, as lack of a good, clean air supply is detrimental to health and the quality of life. In the UK, ventilation requirements are part of building regulations. According to a report from market researcher, BRE, it was estimated that poor housing costs the National Health Service in the UK £2.5bn in treatment costs. Poor indoor air quality has been linked to allergy, asthma and other chronic diseases. High levels of CO2 can lead to drowsiness, lack of concentration and headaches.
This solution provides a reference design for a BLDC fan controller in smart building automation applications with configurable limits.
- Precise, factory calibrated sensors.
- Energy efficient BLDC control for fans.
- Activates the fan only when volatile organic compounds (VOC), moisture or CO2 are detected.
- High Performance MCU + FPU designed for motor control. The MCU has all the functions required for an efficient BLDC motor control solution.
- Configurable alarm/interrupt output with static and adaptive levels.
|RX23T||RXv2 core, FPU, DSP, low cost and high performance for control applications||Datasheet||Select Specific Device|
|HIP2104||60V, 1A/2A peak, half-bridge driver with 4V UVLO and two internal LDOs 12V and 3.3V||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|HIP2103||60V, 1A/2A peak, half-bridge driver with 4V UVLO||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|HS3001||High-performance relative humidity and temperature sensor||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|ZMOD4410||Indoor air quality sensor platform||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
Renesas’ complementary product portfolios of Analog + Power + Embedded Processing work together to deliver comprehensive solutions to our customers. Our product experts have developed "Winning Combinations," compelling product combinations that help our customers accelerate their designs and get to market faster.