- Ultra Low Power
- High Throughput
- Easy to develop
- FCC/IC/CE Certified
- Works with any Renesas MCU
Wi-Fi is the most widely deployed wireless LAN technology with the greatest amount of infrastructure in corporations as well as residential markets. Wi-Fi products from various vendors are interoperable: the Wi-Fi Alliance has certified hundreds of interoperable devices. Wi-Fi provides a platform to support IP (Internet Protocol) on Embedded systems. High levels of encryption and security via WPA2 allows these solutions to meet stringent enterprise IT requirements allowing for ready acceptance by IT departments worldwide.
Renesas partners with Qualcomm, Redpine, Silex, Longsys and Gainspan to provide easy to use Wi-Fi solutions. Longsys, Silex, Redpine and Gainspan provide Wi-Fi modules that provide key Wi-Fi Components (baseband, radio, power amplifier, antenna) integrated into a single module. These modules interface to any Renesas MCU through a SPI or UART interface and are directly integrated into the Renesas Synergy Platform via the Wi-Fi Framework.
- Wi-Fi modules interface to any Renesas Electronics MCU through SPI or UART interface or through the Renesas Synergy Wi-Fi Framework
- Throughout of up to 4Mbps (UART) and 10Mbps (SPI)
- FREE Wi-Fi® module API library optimized for Renesas Electronics MCUs
- API Library requires 2KB (UART) and 9KB (SPI) code space on Renesas MCUs
- Easy to use solutions
- Certified to FCC/CE/IC and Wi-Fi regulatory requirements
The Renesas RX65N Wi-Fi Cloud Connectivity Kit (Part Number: YWIRELESS-RX65N) is an easy-to-use platform for connecting to the cloud and evaluating IoT solutions requiring Wi-Fi.
Integrating Wi-Fi connectivity into embedded systems is often complicated and requires developers to get support from many disparate vendors such as MCU suppliers, Wi-Fi chipset or module makers, software protocol providers, and even development tool vendors.