The touch key microcontrollers (MCUs) of the R8C/33T Group are devices incorporating an electrostatic capacitive touch detector into the R8C/3x Series.
By integrating on a single chip a touch sensor IC for touch detection and a microcontroller for controlling the system based on the signals received, the R8C/33T Group specifically meets the following three customer needs.
- More compact system size
- Reduced power consumption
- Improved noise tolerance
- CPU core: R8C 16-bit CPU core
- Minimum instruction execution time:
50nsec (f(Xin)=20 MHz)
- Supply voltage:
2.7 to 5.5 V/Max. 20 MHz, 1.8 to 5.5 V/Max. 5 MHz
- ROM/RAM: 16 KB/1.5 KB, 24 KB/2 KB, 32 KB/2.5 KB
(RAM: 0.5 KB for touch detection)
- Data flash: 1 KB x 4 blocks (Touch setting values can be stored.), with background operation (BGO) function*1
- DTC (Data transfer controller): 1 ch
- Clock generation circuits: 3 circuits
- XIN-XOUT main clock (oscillation stop detection circuit included)
- High-speed on-chip oscillator (40 MHz Typ.）
- Low-speed on-chip oscillator (125 kHz Typ.)
- Voltage detection circuit (LVD):
3 circuits (detection levels selectable)
- Power-on reset (POR) circuit
- Watchdog timer: 1 ch (supports hardware reset)
- Multifunction timer: 3 ch
- 8-bit timer 2 ch (Timer RA, Timer RB)
- 16-bit timer 1 ch (Timer RC)
- Serial interface: 3 ch
- Clock synchronous/UART0, UART1, UART2 (Simple I2C/SSU*2)
- Hardware LIN (UART & Timer RA)
- A/D converter: 10-bit x 12 ch
- Touch detector (SCU)*3: 18-input (shared with I/O ports)
(Reduces power consumption by allowing touch detection in wait mode.)
- I/O ports: Input/Output: 27, Input only: 1
(Large-current drive capacity is provided. Variable input threshold values: 3 values)
- Package: 32-pin LQFP (7 mm x 7 mm, 0.8 mm pitch)
*1: A function to read the program ROM area during data flash programming or block erase operation.
*2: Synchronous serial communication unit
*3: Sensor control unit
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
You can find an explanation of orderable part numbers here.
Resources for Software and Hardware
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas products.|
|Video||Watch videos related to this product.|
Software Design Support
|E1||A standard Renesas on-chip debugging emulator that enables users to carry out ample debugging for real development at low cost. (Also included with starter kits.)|
|E8a||E8a is ideal for the modern development and prototyping environment with programming support for devices from all the main MCU families.|
Hardware Design Support
|Reference oscillator circuit constants||The resonators for which the operation is verified and their oscillator constants are shown below.|
The information contained herein has been provided by a member of Renesas Partners. This information is provided on the Renesas website provided for convenience and informational purposes only. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of this page or any changes or updates to the information posted on this page. Certain links provided herein permit you to leave this site and enter non-Renesas sites. These linked sites are not under control of Renesas. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes only. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Renesas of any linked site.
Renesas's Publication of information regarding third-party products or services does not constitute an endorsement regarding the suitability of such products or services or a warranty, representation or endorsement of such products or services either alone or in combination with any of Renesas's product or service.