The Renesas Security Mission
Renesas establishes and maintains dependable security foundations, building long-term trust in our products and our customer's solutions.
The Renesas Security Commitment
Renesas Electronics has been designing and producing microcomputers for secure MCUs for over ten years. With our commitment to continued investment in the expertise and equipment necessary for leading-edge new product development, Renesas is well-positioned to address the heightened need for security in today’s connected products.
Renesas secure MCUs have tamper-resistant designs, including features such as metal shields, irregular alignment and multi-layered wiring, security detectors, cryptographic coprocessors, and on-chip security logic. In order to help deal with a wide range of security threats, Renesas smartcard microcomputers include various advanced countermeasures against current analysis, physical analysis, failure analysis, and fault attacks.
For these reasons, our products have been adopted globally in various fields such as finance and mobile communications. This allows us to transfer advanced security techniques into the domains of automotive, industrial, and consumer electronics.
Security Technology Leader
With advanced and proven security technologies, including physical security in microcontrollers that are widely used in the smart card and embedded-security markets, Renesas has over a decade of experience in developing security-certified products and production infrastructure adhering to industry standards such as Common Criteria (ISO 15408) and NIST CMVP.
Security Standards and Corroborative Initiatives
Renesas contributes to shaping national and international security standards and serves on various industrial and academic security initiatives.
Automotive Cyber-Security :
- ISO/SAE 21434 JWG
- Collaborative work with JASPAR and JSAE
- SAE J3101 Requirements for Hardware-Protected Security for Ground Vehicle Applications
Industrial Control System Security :
- Contributing member of DKE for IEC 62443
- Civil Infrastructure Platform™ (CIP) Initiatives aiming to comply with security standards like IEC 62443
Government Programs and Academic Initiatives :
- NEDO, Japan governmental organization Strategic Innovation Promotion Program
- Development of Secure Cryptographic Unit (SCU) for IoT System collaborates with ECSEC(Electric Commerce Security Technology Research Association)
- Joint R&D with Yokohama National University, developing the next generation of hardware security technology to enable innovative security solutions and products