This system enables the control of multiple servos based on the Robot Operating System (ROS). ROS is a set of software libraries and tools, maintained by many companies as open source, that help designers build robot applications.
Renesas' RA6M5 32-bit microcontroller (MCU) incorporates the high-performance Arm® Cortex®-M33 and communication interfaces like Ethernet and USB, that can be used for Pub/Sub messaging between ROS nodes. The ISL81401 buck-boost controller and other power devices supply appropriate voltage to multiple servos and the entire system.
- Supports eXtremely Resource Constrained Environments with an existing DDS network (XRCE-DDS) client used for ROS by the high-performance RA6M5 32-bit MCU
- Can control multiple servos via 1-wire UART and RS-485
- Supports Pub/Sub communication via Ethernet, USB and Wi-Fi modules
- Wide range supply voltage 4.5V to 40V
- Service robots for logistics and warehouse
- Defense and security