The ZL8801 is a dual-phase digital DC/DC controller optimized for current sharing. As many as four ZL8801s can be operated in parallel to provide even phase counts between two and eight phases. The ZL8801 incorporates compensation-free ChargeMode™ control to achieve single-cycle transient response. ZL8801 can also be used with the ISL99140 40A DrMOS power module to simplify layout and allow for extra design flexibility.
The ZL8801-2PH-DEMO1Z demonstration board is a 6-layer board used to demonstrate a 2-phase 80A synchronous buck converter. Sequencing, margining, plus other features can be evaluated using this demonstration board.
The ZL8801-4PH-DEMO1Z demonstration board is a 6-layer board configured as a 4-phase 160A synchronous buck converter. Sequencing, margining, fault spreading, and other features can be evaluated using this board.
A USB to PMBus™ adapter module is used to connect the demonstration board to a host PC running Microsoft Windows.
- 2-phase 80A synchronous buck converter with compensation-free ChargeMode control
- Designed to be easy to use and modify. Optimized for a small circuit footprint and dynamic response
- Configurable through PMBus
- VIN range of 4.5V to 14V, VOUT adjustable from 0.54V to 2.0V (device can be adjusted to 5.5V with 6.3V output capacitors)
- Enable switch and power-good indicator
- 160A 4-phase synchronous buck converter with ChargeMode control
- On-the-fly VOUT control
- Configurable with PMBus
- VIN range of 4.5V to 14V
- VOUT range of 0.54V to 3.6V
- I2C/SMBus interface, PMBus compatible
- Output voltage and current protection
- Servers/Storage equipment
- Telecom/Datacom equipment
- Power supplies (memory, DSP, ASIC, FPGA)
|Tools Orderable Part Number (s)||Production Status||Manufacturer||Suggested Single Tool Price||
|Description||Distributor Stock||Distributors||Distributor Purchase||Buy Direct|
Note: Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.