DISCONTINUED SOFTWARE NOTICE - This software / tool has been discontinued.
Software support will continue in most cases. Please contact Renesas support with any questions.
This product is a real-time operating system (real-time OS) that is an implementation of the μITRON4.0 specification. μITRON is the predominant real-time OS for embedded systems in Japan. Its low resource requirements, outstanding real-time performance, and broad range of service calls make it very suitable for embedded systems requiring true real-time and multi-tasking capabilities.
In addition, its high degree of compatibility with the compiler package from Renesas Electronics and the configurator which automatically generates startup files will help you greatly reduce development times and get your products to market more quickly.
- Conformance with the µITRON4.0 Specification
The design conforms with the µITRON4.0 Specification, which prescribes a representative OS architecture for embedded control.
- High performance: Fast interrupt response
For application requiring fast interrupt response time, M3T-MR308/4 is designed to realize fast response to an interrupt which does not issue a system call.
- ROM-based implementation
The kernel is provided in library format. You can link only the functions you need at the time of system generation and minimize application software size.
- Equipped with the configurator
The configurator is equipped which makes the setup of OS construction parameters easier. Using the combination of GUI configurator and cfg308 configurator based command line lets you automatically generate start-up programs that rely on development products by just creating a simple definition file (configuration file), and so on. You can easily and reliably process parts specially suited to the product.[Learn More]
- C and Assembly user interfaces
When using the supported compiler package, the following features are available.
- Kernel direct call: The kernel can be called without the C interface library. This function reduces code size and speeds up execution time.
- Simplified coding tasks and handlers: Start functions of a task or handler can be specified in the C source file, allowing start and termination processing optimization.
- Context selection function: A register to be saved at task-switching can be specified. This function eliminates unnecessary register saving, reduces stack usage, and offers improved execution speed.
- Interlinking with the High-performance Embedded Workshop IDE
OS-embedded applications can be developed using common operations of the Renesas MCU toolchain.
- Supported compiler: C Compiler Package for M32C/xx, M16C/70,80 series [M3T-NC308WA], Assembler: AS308
- Learn More