The Renesas Demonstration Kit (RDK) for RL78/G14 is an evaluation and demonstration tool for Renesas RL78/G14 microcontrollers and its partners. The goal is to provide the user with a powerful debug and demonstration platform targeted at common applications. To aid in the evaluation of the RL78 family of microcontrollers, we include 2 development environments : e2 studio : Renesas eclipse embedded studio, known as e2studio, is a complete development and debug environment based on the popular Eclipse CDT project. Essentially open source, the Eclipse CDT covers build (editor, compiler and linker control) as well as debug phase based on an extended GDB interface. It supports GCC and IAR compiler. IAR's Embedded Workbench Kickstart Edition for the RL78 : this full featured tool suite allows for up to 16KB of application code to be implemented on the RL78/G14 RDK.To facilitate programming the RDK, both tools support the Renesas TK Debugger which is on-board the RL78/G14 RDK.
- Stereo audio driver connected to the PWM and DAC interfaces
- Amplified on-board speaker and external Stereo audio jack.
- On-board MEMS microphone to demonstrate sampling and recording capabilities (ADI)
- Volume Control Potentiometer, connected to ADC input.
- OKAYA Graphical LCD
- E Ink Corporation Display
- User pushbutton switches and a reset switch.
- 12 on-board LEDs (LED Wheel pattern)
- On-board Wi-Fi 802.11b Module from GainSpan Corporation
- RS-232 Interface
- I2C, SPI with Debug through the Beagle connector from Total Phase
- Application Header to support several external Wi-Fi modules.
- PMOD connections to support a variety of generic PMOD devices (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, RF, motor control etc…).
- Micro SD card slot
- 512KB Serial EEPROM (Renesas)
- 256KB On-chip Flash Memory (program)
- 8KB On-Chip Flash Memory (Data)
- 8Mbit Serial Flash for Web Server data storage (Micron)
- 3 – Axis Accelerometer (ADI)
- Temperature Sensor (ADI)
- Ambient Light Sensor (CEL)
- FET Circuit for DC output
- Fully isolated TRIAC Circuit for AC output with Zero Crossing Detector
- On-board debugger for high-quality source code debugging (TK interface)
- User circuit breadboard area (located underneath E Ink unit)
- Vacuum Cleaner, Electric Power Tool, Air Conditioner, Electronic Toy, Camera, Refrigerator, Alarm Control, Intercom, Detector, Vending Machine, Washing Machine, Battery Charger, Electric Fan, Remote Control, Health Equipment, IoT