LTE IoT includes the very latest cellular technologies Cat-M1 and Cat-NB1 (NB-IoT), both are ideal for connecting IoT devices and sensors to 4G LTE cellular networks globally. AE-CLOUD2 enables connection of those IoT devices to cloud service providers with minimum effort.
- S5D9 microcontroller (MCU) board
- 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi board
- LTE CAT-M1 and NB1 cellular Arduino shield
- Cellular antenna
- GPS antenna
- 1 Ethernet cable
- 2 x A male to Micro-B 1ft USB cables
- Cellular Carrier Setting Tips
- Cloud Connectivity Application Projects
- Medium One IoT Prototyping Sandbox
- Creating Cellular IoT Applications Using the AE-CLOUD2 Kit (PDF | English, 日本語, 简体中文)
- Cellular Provisioning Video
- The Synergy™ Enterprise Cloud Toolbox is no longer available. Please see the cloud-specific Cloud Connectivity Application Projects to connect to specific cloud service providers.
LTE IoT Cellular Technologies
AE-CLOUD2 can be used anywhere in the world, as it has support for Cat-M1, Cat-NB1, 2G/EGPRS, as well as GPS. The kit complies with global regulatory certifications for FCC, CE, RoHs, WEEE, and Japan MIC. The AE-CLOUD2 kit has been designed to work with CAT-M and NB-IoT networks. Users should check that these networks are supported by cellular providers in their region and have the ability to configure the modem to establish a connection to an available regional network through a local cellular provider.
The AE-CLOUD2 kit with the Cloud Connectivity Application Projects can help you quickly connect to the cloud service of your choice.
The Renesas Synergy AE-CLOUD2 enables rapid evaluation, prototyping and development of global LTE IoT cloud connected applications using the Synergy Platform. Using the AE-CLOUD2 kit, developers can easily connect IoT sensor devices to major cloud services globally using the most effective cellular IoT protocols today — Cat-M1 and Cat-NB1. It features the S5D9 MCU Group, the superset of the S5 MCU series. AE-CLOUD2 includes a variety of sensors such as lighting, microphone, temperature, humidity, pressure, air quality, geomagnetic, accelerometer, and gyroscope.