The Renesas USB to PMBus adapter (often referred to as a "dongle") is used to connect a demonstration board with a PMBus interface to a PC. The USB to PMBus adapter is powered from the USB output of the host PC. The USB interface utilizes the USB Mini format, and the output uses a standard 2 row, 6 pin header on 0.100 inch centers. The PMBus command set is accessed by using the PowerNavigator™ evaluation software from a PC running Microsoft Windows.
The ISLUSBEVAL1Z is the replacement part for ZLUSBEVAL3Z which is now end of life (EOL).
- Connect the USB Mini provided between the host computer and the USB to PMBus adapter
- Connect USB to PMBus adapter to demonstration board to test or evaluate
- Apply input power (labeled VIN) to the demonstration board
- Using the host PC's internet browser, navigate to the PowerNavigator™ software page.
- Follow the download instructions.
- Once the PowerNavigator™ software is installed, double-click on the PowerNavigator™ icon and follow the software's instructions.