The ISL7823xEVAL1Z and ISL7823xEVAL2Z evaluation boards are used to demonstrate the performance of the ISL78233, ISL78234 and ISL78235 low quiescent current, high efficiency synchronous buck regulators. The evaluation boards are intended for use by customers with requirements for point-of-load automotive applications with 2.7V to 5.5V input supply voltage, output voltages down to 0.8V and up to a 5A output current.
The ISL7823xEVAL1Z evaluates the ISL7823x 3x3mm 16 Ld TQFN package with 1mm maximum height. The complete area that the regulator occupies can be as small as 0.22in2.
The ISL7823xEVAL2Z evaluates the ISL7823x 5x5mm 16 Ld Wettable Flank QFN (WFQFN) package with 0.9mm maximum height.
- 2.7V to 5.5V input voltage range
- Synchronous buck regulator up to 95% efficiency
- 1% reference accuracy over temperature
- Resistor adjustable frequency from 500kHz to 4MHz; Default set to 2MHz
- External synchronization from 1MHz to 4MHz
- 100ns maximum phase minimum on time allows wide output regulation operating at 2MHz
- Internal soft-start set to 1ms; adjustable with external soft-start capacitor
- Over-temperature, overcurrent, overvoltage and negative overcurrent protection
- DC/DC POL modules
- μC/µP, FPGA and DSP power
- Video processor/SOC power
- Li-ion battery powered devices
- Automotive infotainment power
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.