Select the Form of License That Suits Your Pattern of Development
You can choose following types of Renesas compiler license listed in the following table for your development.
|Form of usage||Node-Locked license||
|Upgrading||Upgrade (edition) license||
|Upgrade (version) license||
Professional and Standard Edition
In addition to the features of the Standard editions, the Professional editions provide advanced features which help to improve the quality of your programs and shorten development periods. See the table below for the features and the supported compilers. Refer to the application notes for the Professional editions for details of the features. You can refer to the Tool News for each of the features from the " Details" links in the table.
The Standard editions support C programming language specifications which comply with ANSI standards. These editions combine the basic features which are necessary for writing embedded programs with strong optimization functionality.
Additional Features of Professional Edition
|Features of the Professional Edition||CC-RL||CC-RX||CC-RH|
|Checking of source code against MISRA-C: 2004/2012 rules (Note) [ Details ]|
|Detection of stack smashing [ Details ]|
|Enhanced security for dynamic memory management functions [ Details ]|
|Function to detect illegal indirect function calls [ Details ]|
|Dynamic checking based on dynamic analysis and device information|
|Synchronization function working when control registers are updated [ Details ]||—||—|
Supported | Support in the next or later editions is under review. | — Support is not planned.
- MISRA C is a set of guidelines developed by a non-profit organization, the Motor Industry Software Reliability Association (MISRA), regarding the reliability of software in the C programming language, particularly that for use in the automotive industry. More than 100 rules are set as guidelines regarding code in the C language. These rules are called MISRA C rules.
- "MISRA" and the triangle logo are registered trademarks of HORIBA MIRA Ltd, held on behalf of the MISRA Consortium.
Permanent License and Annual License
- No limit applies to the period of use for permanent licenses.
- A permanent license is made effective by registering the license key that accompanies the compiler product.
- An annual license is valid for one year. The valid period is one year from initial registration with the Renesas Web site of the license acquisition code which accompanies the compiler product.
- This license becomes valid after a license key is acquired by registering the license acquisition code with the Renesas Web site. (Note1)
- The price of an annual license is lower than that of a permanent license.
- To acquire the license key which is required to use a compiler product, select [Obtaining a Subscription License Key] from the menu shown after logging-in to MyRenesas and register the license acquisition code which is included with the compiler product.
Node-Locked License and Floating License
- These licenses allow you to use a compiler on one specific PC per license.
- The licenses for the software are managed on a server, and are available for use on the PCs connected to a network within the range of the number of licenses.
- A license is available while a PC is connected with the server on the network.
- To use the license while disconnected from the network that includes the license server, customers can hold the license for a fixed period (as a number of days up to 99). Once the period which has been specified with the client elapses, the held license expires.
- The license resides on a client PC for 30 minutes after it is obtained at the start of building. If building has not finished after the 30 minutes have elapsed, the client PC retains the license for another 30 minutes. This cycle is repeated until building is finished.
Upgrade (edition) License
If you have a node-locked license for a standard edition, you can upgrade from the standard edition to a professional edition by additionally registering an Upgrade (edition) License.
Note that floating licenses and annual licenses cannot be upgraded in this way. This form of upgrade is only available for node-locked licenses.
Upgrade (version) License
The compiler licenses differ with the version. For example, V1.**.** and V2.**.** have different licenses since they are different versions.
In case of a license for an old version, you can use a new version of the compiler at low cost by additionally registering a Upgrade (version) License.
These licenses allow you to use both the new and old versions of a compiler.
This form of upgrade does not apply to annual licenses.
Applicable Compilers and Minimum Required Version for Compiler License
|Applicable MCUs||Product name||Compiler name||Minimum required version of compiler license|
|Standard and Professional edition||Annual license||Floating License||Upgrade (edition) License||Upgrade (version) License|
|RL78||C Compiler Package for RL78 Family||CC-RL||V1.01.00||V1.01.00||V1.01.00||V1.01.00||—|
|RX||C/C++ Compiler Package for RX Family||CC-RX||V2.04.00||V2.03.00||V2.03.00||V2.04.00||V3.00.00|
|RH850||C Compiler Package for RH850 Family||CC-RH||V1.03.00||V1.02.00||V1.02.00||V1.03.00||V2.00.00|
IDE for Compiler Package Products
Compiler packages without an IDE
Each of these products is structured as the compiler alone. Separate installation of an IDE is required. Refer to this page if you wish to use the e² studio. Latest version of the e² studio >>
Compiler packages with an IDE
Each of these products is structured as the CS+ IDE that includes a compiler. If the bundled version of CS+ is not the latest version, update it. Latest version of CS+ >>
No statement regarding an IDE
In the case of annual and upgrade (between versions and editions) licenses, the products are structured as only a license key and a license acquisition code.
- The Professional editions can be used during a trial period (Note1).
- After the period, the licenses will revert to those for the Standard editions, and the linkage size becomes restricted (Note2).
- The trial period is the 60 days from the day the first build is executed after installing an evaluation edition.
- The linkage size differs with the compiler. CC-RL: 64 KB or smaller, CC-RX: 128 KB or smaller, CC-RH: 256 KB or smaller
Software License Agreement
|Title||Type||Last Updated Date||Size|
|SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
Software License Agreement for Node-Locked License (permanent)
|17 Nov 2015||115 KB|
|SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT (for Floating License)
Software License Agreement for Floating License (permanent)
|25 Apr 2019||114 KB|
|SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT (for Node Locked License(annual))
Software License Agreement for Node-Locked License (annual)
|06 Dec 2016||120 KB|
|SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT (for Floating License(annual))
Software License Agreement for Floating License (annual)
|06 Dec 2016||121 KB|