Renesas' Thermal Noise Calculator (TNC) and Effective Number of Bits (ENOB) Calculator help analyze noise that is present in semiconductor devices as well as noise due to signal processing in data converters.
Using the calculators, you can enter or find all parameters. The calculators also offer indication of consistent parameters, validation to prevent illegal entries, and import, export and graphing functionality.
- Effective Number of Bits, ENOB, in bits
- Signal to Noise and Distortion, SINAD, in dB
- Resolution, N, in bits
- Bandwidth, BW, in % of the Nyquist frequency, or Over Sample Ratio, OSR, as a multiple of the sample frequency
- Average Differential Nonlinearity, DNL, in LSB
- Clock Jitter, Tj, in PPMrms of the clock period
- Analog Referred Noise, Vn, in LSBrms
- Total Harmonic Distortion, THD, in % or dB
By understanding noise issues in your designs, you can identify Renesas products that can reduce noise and improve performance.
In this on-demand webinar you'll learn 3 things:
- What noise is and how it's specified at the component level
- How this noise affects the performance of a signal chain
- How to select components based on signal chain requirements