This driver controls AES, AES-GCM, AES-CMAC encryption and decryption and the generation of random numbers through high-speed hardware calculation by the Trusted Secure IP modules of RX231 Group, RX65N, RX651 Group thus equipped.
It also helps in the safe management of user keys by the Trusted Secure IP module.
These functions allow secure updating of flash ROM embedded in MCUs and in preventing illicit firmware being booted up (secure booting).
As a result, this driver can help you to protect "Internet-of-Things" (IoT) embedded devices from viral infections and eavesdropping.
|Target Device||Product Name||Status||Version/Release|
|RX231 Group 1
RX65N, RX651 Group 2
|Trusted Secure IP Driver for RX Family
||Available||Latest Ver.: V1.05 Release 00
Released: May 21, 2018
- Refer to the RX231 Group User's Manual: Hardware for the type names of products that include a TSIP module.
- Refer to the RX65N, RX651 Group User's Manual: Hardware for the type names of products that include a TSIP module.
- Cryptographic functions which provide advanced security can be embedded in mass-produced products at low cost
- High-speed execution of the AES, a world standard cryptographic algorithm
- Support for AES-GCM, which is frequently included in the required specifications of smart meters
- Functions for safely updating firmware
- Easily combined with other device drivers for RX MCUs
|Target Device||Corresponding function|
|RX231 Group||AES (128- or 256-bit keys, ECB or CBC mode), AES-GCM, AES-CMAC, and random number generation, Management of AES keys, secure updating of firmware, secure booting|
|RX65N, RX651 Group||In addition to the above functions supported for products of the RX231 group, this driver handle DES,2key-TDES,Triple-DES, SHA1, SHA256, MD5, RSA(with RSASSA-PKCS1-v1_5 signature generation and verification, RSAES-PKCS1-v1_5 encrypt/decrypt up to 2048-bit), the key management of RSA key and SSL/TLS cooperation function.|
|IDE||CS+ V6.00.00 or later
e2 studio V6.0.0 or later
|C Compiler||C/C++ Compiler Package for RX Family V.2.07.00 or later|
E2 emulator Lite
|Evaluation board||Renesas Starter Kit for RX231(B Mask: built-in Trusted Secure IP)
Renesas Starter Kit+ for RX65N-2MB(Built-in Trusted Sesure IP)
|Evaluation board (optional) 3||Wireless LAN expansion board package for RSK (includes Wireless LAN module (eWBC))(Part Number: RTK0ZZZZZZP00000BR)|
3. This board is required to check the operation of sample code for checking the secure updating of firmware via wireless LAN.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,
receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and
are no longer being offered for new projects.