The ZSSC3154 is an integrated circuit for highly accurate amplification and sensor-specific correction of a bridge sensor signal. Up to two temperature sensors can also be read in parallel. The circuitry provides different configurations of the analog outputs to show two measurement results simultaneously. This also allows generating a complementary bridge sensor signal, which is often required in safety-relevant applications. The ZSSC3154 can take readings from two external temperature sensors to compensate the temperature drift of the bridge sensor signal and to output a separate temperature signal. An internal calibration microcontroller in addition with an on-chip EEPROM performs the digital compensation of the sensor offset, the sensitivity, the temperature drift, and the nonlinearity. The one-pass digital end-of-line calibration plus the integrated broken chip-detection supports automatic and highly efficient mass production.
- Differential bridge sensor input
- Half-bridge sensor or temperature sensor input
- Digital compensation of offset, gain, nonlinearity and temperature dependency
- Two analog outputs, behavior programmable by EEPROM configuration
- Sequential analog output mode provides two measurands at one output pin
- Various on-chip diagnostic and safety features including sensor connection diagnostic and broken-chip detection
- 2 EEPROM words for arbitrary user data