RAJ240080 is Renesas Li-ion battery fuel gauge IC (FGIC) which consists of a MCU device and an AFE device in a single package. Pack with a variety of battery management features and Renesas RL78 CPU core which has multiple low power modes and capable of achieving high performance in ultra-low power operation. RAJ240080 fuel gauge IC has control firmware stored in embedded flash memory to control attached embedded analog and digital circuits to execute battery voltage / current / temperature measurement, remaining capacity estimation, over current / voltage / temperature protection and other battery management operations.
- Fully integrated battery management solution with battery capacity measurement and programmable protection capability.
- Supports up to 5 Li-ion or Li-Polymer battery cells in series.
- Integrated with Renesas Ultra Low Power RL78 CPU core for multi-function process
- Memory Code flash memory: 64KB Data flash memory (up to 100,000 erase/write cycles): 4 KB SRAM: 5.5KB
- Clock generator High-Speed on-chip oscillator: up to 32 MHz Low speed on-chip oscillator: 32 KHz AFE on-chip oscillator: 4.194MHz
- General Purpose I/O Ports Total: 22 pins CMOS input/output: 16 CMOS input: 2 High voltage input [VCC tolerance]: 1 High voltage input/output [VCC tolerance]: 1
- Serial interface CSI (SPI): 1 channel I2C: 1 channel UART: 2 channels Simplified I2C: 1 channel
- Timer MCU 16-bit timer: 5 channels MCU 12-bit interval timer: 1 channel AFE timer: 2 channels AFE timer A: setting range: 125 ms to 64 s AFE timer B: setting range：30.52 us to 125 ms
- Embedded A/D converter AFE 15-bit resolution sigma-delta A/D converter
- Current integration circuit 18-bit resolution sigma-delta A/D converter
- Impedance measurement circuit Simultaneous measurement of battery voltage and current
- Over current detection circuit Short circuit current detection Charge overcurrent detection Discharge overcurrent detection Charge wakeup current detection Discharge wakeup current detection
- Series regulator 3.3V CREG2 1.8V CREG1
- Charge and Discharge MOSFET control High side Nch MOSFET drive circuit embedded Programmable MOSFET control by 8-bit PWM
- Fuse control FUSEOUT pin can support fuse blow function.
- Intel® Dynamic Battery Power Technology support
- Voltage and temperature condition Power supply voltage: VCC = 4.0 to 28 V Operating ambient temperature: Ta = -20 to +85°C
- Package Information 48 pin plastic mold QFP ([Body] 9.0 mm x 9.0 mm, 0.5 mm pitch)