The GR-KURUMI board incorporates the 16-bit, low-power consumption, RL78/G13 Group MCU (R5F100GJAFB). Compatible with Arduino Pro Mini, this board can use existing sample codes, ensuring easy use with the Arduino language and standard libraries from both hardware and software aspects.
The following special features, unavailable in Arduino Pro Mini, are perfect for designing small and low-power gadgets.
- Runs on a single-battery. Incorporates a voltage booster from 0.9V to 3.3V (or 5V)
- Includes a real-time clock with alarm function, facilitating a high-precision real-time counter (RTC)
- Low-power mode: Arduino-like library allows for easy setup of the RL78 standby mode (STOP/SNOOZE)
- GR-KURUMI's LED hair accessories: Unique GR-KURUMI features are illustrated in LEDs with glowing full-color hair accessories
GR-KURUMI Pin Map
- RL78/G13 (R5F100GJAF B 48-pin QFP)
- Data Flash
- 32MHz (internal XO)
- Sub Clock
- Operating Voltage
- 2.7V to 5.5V (Note)
Note: MCU operates from 1.6V. To ensure Arduino Pro Mini compatibility, the board offers a minimum 2.7V operation.
How to Program
Project File for e2 studio
Project file for sketching in Eclipse-based development environment e2 studio. For downloading and installing e2 studio, please refer to the e2 studio product page.
- Click to download. Import the archive file (zip) as an existing workspace from the menu 'File' -> 'Import' in e2 studio.
GR-KURUMI Sketch v204-e2v7 Project File (ZIP)
Note: This is a project exported in e2 studio Version 7.2.
- User Forum
This is the Gadget Renesas User Forum on RenesasRulz.com. In this forum space, you can find many showpiece applications using GR boards, as well as sample applications and programs. Post your questions and your showpiece here.
- E-mail: email@example.com
GR-KURUMI Board Distributor
Gadget Renesas provides boards that make it possible to prototype ideas quickly, a community where users can interact, and events to help users build their projects to make their ideas a reality. Below are some projects that utilized the GR-KURUMI board.