The ISL68201-99135DEMO1Z is a 6-layer board used to demonstrate a compact 13mm x 13mm 20A synchronous buck converter. Transient performance, fault protections, DC/AC regulations, PMBus programming, power sequencing, margining, and other features can be evaluated using this board.
The ISL68201 is a single-phase synchronous buck PWM controller featuring Renesas' proprietary R4™ Technology, which has extremely fast transient performance, accurately regulated frequency control and all internal compensation. The ISL68201 supports a wide 4.5V to 24V input voltage range and a wide 0.5V to 5.5V output range. It includes programmable functions and telemetries for easy use and high system flexibility using an SMBus, PMBus or I2C interface.
The ISL99135B is a DrMOS power stage compatible with Renesas' 5V PWM controllers (such as ISL6398, ISL637x, ISL633x, ISL636x, ISL9585x, and ISL68201). They use a DCR sensing network and associated thermal compensation. Light-load efficiency is supported via a dedicated FCCM control pin. An industry leading thermally enhanced 3.5x5 QFN 24 Ld package allows minimal overall PCB real estate.
The PMBus dongle (ISLUSBEVAL1Z), i.e., USB-to-PMBus™ adapter, and USB cable are included in the demonstration kit. Download the PowerNavigator™ software to evaluate the full PMBus functionality of the ISL68201.
- 16A synchronous buck converter with PMBus control
- On-board transient load with adjustable di/dt
- Configurable through resistor pins
- Cascadable PMBus connectors
- Integrated LDOs for single rail solution
- Enable switch and power-good indicator
- All ceramics solution with SP capacitor footprint option
- High-efficiency and high-density VRM and VRD
- Core, graphic and memory regulators for microprocessors
- High-density VR for server, networking and cloud computing
- POL DC/DC converters and video gaming consoles