This simulator product makes source level debugging of applications possible in the Renesas integrated development environment, or the CS+, while the target system is not available on hand.
The simulator debugger's exclusive functions (high-function debugging) permits the programs written in C/C++ language or assembly language to be debugged efficiently while the actual MCU is not available on hand.
- High-accuracy simulation (Cycle accurate) (Note1)
- Simulated I/O function (Standard and file input/output functions usable)
- Virtual interrupt function (Simulation of interrupt operations possible. Virtual interrupts using arbitrary timing and break conditions. Timer module based internal interrupts possible.)
Furthermore, an intuitively understandable easy GUI (graphical user interface) provides a comfortable debug environment.
- Cycle-accurate simulation is only supported when the selected MCU includes the RXv1 core. Check which products include the RXv1 core on this page.
- Since the simulator/debugger runs on the host computer, the user can start debugging the program while the actual MCU is not available on hand. This will result in a reduced development period of the entire system.
- The number of instruction execution cycles is calculated by simulating. This enables performance evaluation even in the absence of the actual MCU.
- The functions outlined below are available, which permit program test and debug to be proceeded efficiently.
- Support each CPU in the RX Family.
- If an error occurs while the program under debug is running, the user can choose to continue ignoring the error or stop the program.
- Get profile data and measure performance one function at a time.
- Comprehensive break functions (virtual interrupt operations also possible).
- Set and edit memory map.
- Display a history of function calls.
- Display C/C++ and assembler source level coverages.
- Visual debug function based on waveform display.
- The simulator/debugger runs under Windows, allowing breakpoints, memory map, performance and trace to be set in dialog boxes. The environment setup suitable for the memory map of MCU in the RX Family can also be set in a dialog box.
- Learn More