Detect human presence/absence with the Infrared Human Sensor featuring the RL78/G10 low pin count, compact, low power general-purpose microcontroller.
This Infrared Human Sensor reference design detects human presence/absence using an infrared sensor, and turns on/off a high brightness LED automatically. It can be applied to a wide range of applications including office lights and automatic doors.
The infrared LED sending signal is controlled by Renesas' RL78/G10 MCU’s timer array unit (TAU01), and the receiving signal is controlled by the timer array unit (TAU00) and external interrupt terminal (INTP0). When a person is detected, the high brightness LED will light up. Once the person leaves the detection area after 10 seconds, the LED will go off and the system will enter an infrared receiving signal STOP mode. RL78/G10 offers the lowest current consumption in the industry and is ideal for human sensing.
The Infrared Human Sensor solution features the RL78/G10 10-pin LSSOP general purpose microcontroller. The sensor is inexpensive and provides energy savings. It is ideal for temporary lighting in entrances, porches, stairs, and bathrooms. For example, when people approach, the bulb lights up, when they leave, the bulb goes out automatically.
- Minimum instruction execution time: Can be changed from high speed (0.05μs at 20MHz operation with high-speed on-chip oscillator) to low speed (1.0μs at 1MHz operation)
- General-purpose registers: 8-bit register × 8
- ROM: 1KB to 4KB, RAM: 128B to 512B
- Selectable high-speed on-chip oscillator clock: 20/10/5/2.5/1.25 MHz (TYP.)
- On-chip single power supply flash memory
- On-chip debug function
- On-chip selectable power-on-reset (SPOR) circuit
- On-chip watchdog timer (operable with the dedicated low-speed on-chip oscillator)
- On-chip key interrupt function: 6 key interrupt input pins
- On-chip clock output/buzzer output controller
- On-chip BCD (binary-coded decimal) correction circuit
- I/O port: 8
- 8/16-bit timer: 2 channels
- Serial interface
- CSI: 1 channel
- UART: 1 channel
- Simplified I2C communication: 1 channel
- 8/10-bit resolution A/D converter: 4 channels
- Standby function: HALT or STOP mode
- Power supply voltage: VDD = 2.0V to 5.5 V
- Operating ambient temperature: TA = -40 °C to +85 °C
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.