Usage Conditions for the Renesas Electronics Web Site
Persons using the Renesas Electronics Web site (referred to as "Visitors") are deemed to have agreed to the usage conditions detailed below. Such usage conditions, however, are subject to change without any prior notice, so Visitors are urged to refer to the latest version.
The Renesas Electronics Web site contains sections administered by various departments within the company as well as links to external Web sites administered by affiliated companies. Note that such sections and Web sites may be subject to their own usage conditions, which are specified therein.
Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
Information, including text, charts, images, photographs and video(collectively referred to as "Content") presented on the Renesas Electronics Web site and referring to products, services, or technologies is protected under copyright law and other treaties and statutes.
Visitors may use the Content for personal use. The explicit consent of Renesas Electronics is required for use exceeding this scope (including reproduction, modification, transmission, distribution and transfer).
Except as stated above, Renesas Electronics grants Visitors no copyrights, patent rights, trademark rights, or other intellectual property rights relating to Content.
In cases where specific usage conditions are indicated for individual Content items, those conditions take precedence.
Trade names, trademarks and emblems of Renesas Electronics or of third parties used on the Renesas Electronics Web site are protected under the Trademarks Law, the Unfair Competition Prevention Law and other statutes. They may not be used without the explicit consent of their rightful owners.
Renesas Electronics and its affiliates do not make any warranty of accuracy, usefulness, certainty or any other kind, relating to the contents and any other information on this website (hereinafter "Contents").
In no event shall Renesas Electronics and its affiliates be liable for any loss, expense or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of or reliance upon the Contents.
Renesas Electronics or its affiliates may suspend or stop operating this website without any notice. Renesas Electronics or its affiliates may change and/or alter the Contents, or may suspend or discontinue the services provided through this website at any time without any notice. Renesas Electronics and its affiliates shall not be held liable for any damages arising out of any suspension or stop of operating this website, or change, alteration, suspension or discontinuance of the Contents.
Visitors are prohibited from engaging in the following actions
- 1) Actions that infringe on the property, rights, or privacy of Renesas Electronics or a third party, or that pose a threat of such infringement.
- 2) Actions intended to slander, libel, or intimidate Renesas Electronics or a third party.
- 3) Actions bringing disadvantage or damage to Renesas Electronics or a third party, or that pose a threat of doing so.
- 4) Actions injurious to the reputation or good name of Renesas Electronics or a third party.
- 5) Actions considered contrary to prevailing social standards, or that pose a threat of being so.
- 6) Actions involving use of the Web site for sales activities or other profit-making purposes.
- 7) Actions in violation of laws or regulations, or that pose a threat of such violation.
- 8) Actions involving the use or provision of harmful programs such as computer viruses, or that pose a threat of such use or provision.
- 9) Actions involving false registration, declaration, or notification.
- 10) Actions that interfere with the operation of the Renesas Electronics Web site, such as unlawfully tampering with the Web site Contents, interfering with server communication, or embedding unauthorized data into the Web site.
- 11) Any other actions judged inappropriate by Renesas Electronics
International Availability of Products and Services
Information provided on the Renesas Electronics Web site applies to products and services available in Japan. These products and services may only be purchased, obtained and used by persons residing in Japan. In cases where availability in specific countries or regions is indicated for individual products or services, those indications take precedence.
Information Provided by Visitors
Renesas Electronics requests that Visitors to the Renesas Electronics Web site refrain from providing confidential information about themselves or proposals such as ideas for new products, services, or technologies.
Notification is hereby given that Renesas Electronics assumes that Visitors agree to the following with regard to the handling of information or proposals received via the Renesas Electronics Web site:
- 1) Renesas Electronics assumes no obligation to protect the confidentiality of information or proposals provided by Visitors to the Renesas Electronics Web site.
- 2) Renesas Electronics assumes no obligation to study, evaluate, or use information or proposals provided by Visitors to the Renesas Electronics Web site.
- 3) Renesas Electronics assumes no responsibility to provide compensation or payment for information or proposals provided by Visitors to the Web site, even if Renesas Electronics uses such information or proposals, in whole or in part, or similar information or proposals.
Linking to the Renesas Electronics Web Site
Visitors wishing to link to the Renesas Electronics Web site from their own Web sites are requested to refer to "Linking to the Web Site," which can be accessed from the menu on the left side of this page.
Company names, trademarks and product names appearing on the Renesas Electronics Web site are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Other Company's Trademarks
The trademarks in the following list are referred to by one or more pages on the Renesas Electronics Web site. The list is provided purely for the purpose of easy reference. By providing the list, the Renesas Electronics takes no position on the legal status of any trademarks listed in or omitted from the list. While the information in the list is believed to be accurate as it is based on the information provided by the trademark owners, Renesas Electronics is not liable for any inaccuracies or omissions from this list.
|aacPlus, aacPlus v2||Dolby Germany GmbH|
|Adobe, Adobe Reader||Adobe Systems Incorporated|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth SIG, Inc.|
|CPPM, CPRM||4C Entity, LLC|
|DivX, DivX Plus||DivX, LLC|
|Dolby, Dolby Digital, Dolby Headphone, Dolby Volume, MLP Lossless, Pro Logic||Dolby Laboratories, Inc. or its subsidiaries|
|DTS, DTS-HD||DTS, Inc.|
|HDMI||HDMI Licensing, LLC|
|Microsoft, PlayReady, Windows, Windows Media||Microsoft Corporation, US|
|MIPS, MIPS32, 4K, 4Kc, 4Km, 4KE, 4KEc, 4KEm, 24KEc, MIPS I, MIPS II, MIPS III, MIPS IV||MIPS Technologies, Inc.|
|RealAudio, RealVideo||Realnetworks, Inc.|
|Sorenson Spark||Sorenson Media, Inc.|
|SRS, TruBass, TruSurround, TruSurround XT, TruVolume, WOW||DTS, LLC|
|SuperFlash||Silicon Storage Technology, Inc.|
|ZigBee||ZigBee Alliance, Inc.|
Applicable Laws and Court Jurisdiction
Japanese law applies to the Renesas Electronics Web site and the Web site usage conditions. In the event of any dispute regarding the Renesas Electronics Web site or the Web site usage conditions may arise, the court of first instance having exclusive jurisdiction shall be the Yokohama District Court.
Renesas Electronics Europe GmbH
Tel. +49 (0) 211 65 03 0
Fax +49 (0) 211 65 03-13 27
|Managing director:||Michael Hannawald|
|Register no.:||HRB 3708|
|Sales tax identification number according to §27a sales tax law:||DE 119353406|
|EE-Reg.-Nr. according to §6 Electrical and Electronic Equipment Ac||DE 14978647|
Link to Our Website
Linking to the Renesas Electronics Web Site
Visitors wishing to link to the Renesas Electronics Web site must agree to and follow the "Rules Regarding Links" below. If these conditions are met, Renesas Electronics permits linking by sites, regardless of whether they are commercial or non-commercial or accessible via the Internet or via an intranet.
Guidelines Regarding Links
- 1) Renesas Electronics strictly prohibits links from Web sites judged to fall into any of the following categories:
- Web sites containing Content that slanders, libels, or damages the reputation of the management, employees, products, or services of Renesas Electronics or its affiliated companies, or of third parties.
- Web sites containing Content that infringes on or poses a threat of infringing on the intellectual property rights of Renesas Electronics, its affiliated companies, or third parties.
- Web sites containing Content that is obscene or could be considered contrary to prevailing social standards.
- Web sites containing Content that could be mistakenly construed as implying an association with Renesas Electronics, its affiliated companies, or their products or services.
- Web sites containing Content that is illegal or potentially illegal. If Renesas Electronics determines that any of the above applies to your Web site and requests removal of links to the Renesas Electronics Web site, you are expected to comply with the request without fail.
- 2) When linking to the Renesas Electronics Web site, please link to the top page. (http://www.renesas.com/)
- 3) Renesas Electronics prohibits linking in such a way that the identity of the Renesas Electronics Web site might become unclear, such as links that display in a frame on the linking page. Please edit your settings so that the Renesas Electronics Web site is displayed in a new window.
- 4) The method for placing a link to the Renesas Electronics Web site in your page is as follows.
- Adding a banner link
- You are welcome to use the banner below to link to the Renesas Electronics Web site.To insert the banner link, please download (White／Blue) the banner and copy the code below into the HTML of your Web page. If necessary edit the "***/renesas_link.gif" part to the appropriate relative path.
<a href="http://www.renesas.com/" target="_blank">
<img src="***/renesas_link.gif" alt="Renesas Electronics Corporation Web site"
border="0" width="210" height="50"></a>
<a href="http://www.renesas.com/" target="_blank">
<img src="***/renesas_link02.gif" alt="Renesas Electronics Corporation Web site"
border="0" width="210" height="50"></a>
- *The code for the banner must be as shown above and changing the size of the image or modifying, altering, or changing its content is strictly prohibited.
- *The above banner link is to be used exclusively for linking to the Renesas Electronics Web site. Using the banner for any other purpose is strictly prohibited.
- Please contact a Renesas Electronics sales representative or contact us using the form accessed via the "CONTACT US" link if you want to create a link citing Renesas Electronics as a customer, client, business partner, case study, etc.
- Adding a text link
- Please indicate the company name as "Renesas Electronics Corporation"
- 5) Renesas Electronics and its affiliated companies assume no responsibility for any problems or compensation for damages arising due to links to the Renesas Electronics Web site.
- 6) The logo marks, trademarks, etc., of Renesas Electronics may not be used in the Web sites, printed materials, etc., of third parties (whether individuals or corporations), regardless of purpose or length of duration, without the consent of Renesas Electronics.
- 7) Renesas Electronics makes no assurance regarding the permanence of the information or URLs associated with the Web site. Both are subject to change without notice.
Cookies are small text files placed on the hard drive of the visitor's computer by the Web page server. They are used to facilitate registration procedures and for referring to previously registered information. Cookies cannot run programs on the visitor's computer or infect it with viruses.
The main purpose of cookies is to make the visitor's experience of the Web site more convenient by saving time. For example, cookies can make it easier to call up profile information on a user who has visited the site previously. This information may indicate that the visitor uses a particular Web page in a certain way or track movement from page to page within the site.
The Renesas Electronics Web site also uses a technology called Web beacons in combination with cookies. Web beacons (also called clear GIFs or action tags) are a tool for tracking usage, such as the number of clicks on the main elements (links, images, etc.) of a Web page, blog entry, or newsletter. They provide no personally identifiable information about users. Note that Renesas Electronics may share statistics related to Web site usage with affiliated companies.
Visitors may decide to change their browser settings to block acceptance of cookies. Please keep in mind that this may render some or all of the services offered via the Web site unusable.
This is an all-encompassing notice for technical documents.
This content of this page takes precedence over the "Notice" appearing in previously issued documents.
- Descriptions of circuits, software and other related information in this document are provided only to illustrate the operation of semiconductor products and application examples. You are fully responsible for the incorporation of these circuits, software, and information in the design of your equipment. Renesas Electronics assumes no responsibility for any losses incurred by you or third parties arising from the use of these circuits, software, or information.
- Renesas Electronics has used reasonable care in preparing the information included in this document, but Renesas Electronics does not warrant that such information is error free. Renesas Electronics assumes no liability whatsoever for any damages incurred by you resulting from errors in or omissions from the information included herein.
- Renesas Electronics does not assume any liability for infringement of patents, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights of third parties by or arising from the use of Renesas Electronics products or technical information described in this document. No license, express, implied or otherwise, is granted hereby under any patents, copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Renesas Electronics or others.
- You should not alter, modify, copy, or otherwise misappropriate any Renesas Electronics product, whether in whole or in part. Renesas Electronics assumes no responsibility for any losses incurred by you or third parties arising from such alteration, modification, copy or otherwise misappropriation of Renesas Electronics product.
- Renesas Electronics products are classified according to the following two quality grades: "Standard" and "High Quality". The recommended applications for each Renesas Electronics product depends on the product's quality grade, as indicated below.
- "Standard": Computers; office equipment; communications equipment; test and measurement equipment; audio and visual equipment; home electronic appliances; machine tools; personal electronic equipment; and industrial robots etc.
- "High Quality": Transportation equipment (automobiles, trains, ships, etc.); traffic control systems; anti-disaster systems; anti-crime systems; and safety equipment etc.
- You should use the Renesas Electronics products described in this document within the range specified by Renesas Electronics, especially with respect to the maximum rating, operating supply voltage range, movement power voltage range, heat radiation characteristics, installation and other product characteristics. Renesas Electronics shall have no liability for malfunctions or damages arising out of the use of Renesas Electronics products beyond such specified ranges.
- Although Renesas Electronics endeavors to improve the quality and reliability of its products, semiconductor products have specific characteristics such as the occurrence of failure at a certain rate and malfunctions under certain use conditions. Further, Renesas Electronics products are not subject to radiation resistance design. Please be sure to implement safety measures to guard them against the possibility of physical injury, and injury or damage caused by fire in the event of the failure of a Renesas Electronics product, such as safety design for hardware and software including but not limited to redundancy, fire control and malfunction prevention, appropriate treatment for aging degradation or any other appropriate measures. Because the evaluation of microcomputer software alone is very difficult, please evaluate the safety of the final products or systems manufactured by you.
- Please contact a Renesas Electronics sales office for details as to environmental matters such as the environmental compatibility of each Renesas Electronics product. Please use Renesas Electronics products in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations that regulate the inclusion or use of controlled substances, including without limitation, the EU RoHS Directive. Renesas Electronics assumes no liability for damages or losses occurring as a result of your noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Renesas Electronics products and technology may not be used for or incorporated into any products or systems whose manufacture, use, or sale is prohibited under any applicable domestic or foreign laws or regulations. You should not use Renesas Electronics products or technology described in this document for any purpose relating to military applications or use by the military, including but not limited to the development of weapons of mass destruction. When exporting the Renesas Electronics products or technology described in this document, you should comply with the applicable export control laws and regulations and follow the procedures required by such laws and regulations.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer or distributor of Renesas Electronics products, who distributes, disposes of, or otherwise places the product with a third party, to notify such third party in advance of the contents and conditions set forth in this document, Renesas Electronics assumes no responsibility for any losses incurred by you or third parties as a result of unauthorized use of Renesas Electronics products.
- This document may not be reproduced or duplicated in any form, in whole or in part, without prior written consent of Renesas Electronics.
- Please contact a Renesas Electronics sales office if you have any questions regarding the information contained in this document or Renesas Electronics products, or if you have any other inquiries.
- (Note 1) "Renesas Electronics" as used in this document means Renesas Electronics Corporation and also includes its majority-owned subsidiaries.
- (Note 2) "Renesas Electronics product(s)" means any product developed or manufactured by or for Renesas Electronics.
- Scope of Application
We may collect your personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) when you use our web site. This information may include your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, and other information you provide to us (for example in a contact form). When ordering a product or requesting service information, participating in certain promotional activities, completing surveys, and corresponding with us (including via real-time chat), we may ask for certain Personal Information. If you are on a part of our web site that requires you to provide your Personal Information, it will be clear what Personal Information we are requesting.
- Use of your Information
Information is collected and used in various ways, including those below:
When you visit our web site or click on advertisements or promotional areas on the web site. This information is collected to help run our web site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information, to monitor the nature and level of activity on our web site, to contact you regarding our products and services (but only to the extent permitted by applicable law), and to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and promotion. If required by applicable law, such information is only used on an anonymous basis to the extent technically possible, unless you expressly consent otherwise.
- Technical Support
When you request technical support for your Renesas products. This information is necessary to identify your products or systems, understand the configuration of the products, diagnose your questions, and provide solutions.
- Online Surveys and Polling
When you volunteer to complete surveys or participate in polls. We use this information to improve our products and services.
- Promotional Activities
When you enter a contest or other promotion. In this case, we may ask you for information such as your name, address and e-mail address to administer the program or activity, to send you promotional e-mails (provided that, if required under the applicable law, you consented to the receipt of the emails), notify winners and make the winners’ list publicly available in compliance with laws which may apply to such activities.
- Newsletters and Promotional E-mails
As a service to our customers, we may e-mail to you newsletters, promotional information and other information, using your Personal Information collected online. These e-mails will only be sent to you if you have agreed to receive them or, insofar this is sufficient under the applicable data protection laws, if you have the right to opt out from further receiving them.
- Contact Information
If you contact us (including via real-time chat), we may keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including any information therein, but only to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Sharing your Personal Information
Unless we have your permission, we will share the Personal Information you provide online only with other Renesas entities or with entities that provide services to Renesas or are business partners of Renesas, and only for legitimate purposes including those described herein. Personal Information we collect online is used for responding to inquiries, processing orders, keeping you informed about your order status, for statistical purposes, for improving our web site and its performance, for developing better products and services, to serve advertisements, contests, surveys and promotions, and to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you, but only to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Renesas (or part of it) or its related entitles could merge with or be acquired by another business entity or their respective assets could be acquired. Should such a combination or acquisition occur, you should expect that Renesas would share some or all of your Personal Information to continue serving you and other users of our web site but only to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Occasionally, we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide your Personal Information to the appropriate authorities. We will disclose your Personal Information if required by law, upon receipt of a court order or subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement authorities any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful.
The information collected online permits us to analyze traffic patterns on our web site and is used on an anonymized basis. This can enable us over time to provide users with a better experience on our web site by improving the content and making it easier to use. The information collected online also allows us to contact you (but only to the extent permitted by applicable law), regarding our products and services that may be responsive to your needs or browsing history.
Depending on the browser used, you can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it, and you can also set your browser to turn off cookies. However, if you do so, some areas of this web site may not function properly, or you will be required to re-enter your Personal Information to use an area of this web site.
We may also use web beacon technologies to better tailor the web site to provide better customer service. A web beacon is a single pixel GIF that allows a web site to count users who have visited that page or access certain cookies. These web beacons may be placed on specific pages across this web site. When a visitor accesses these pages, an anonymous notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by us or by our vendors. These web beacons work in conjunction with cookies. If you don’t want to associate your anonymous cookie information with your visits to these pages, depending on the browser used, you can set your browser to turn off cookies.
- Children's Privacy
If you are under the age of 16, please make sure that you provide Personal Information only after obtaining your parental consent.
- Protecting your Personal Information
While Renesas does not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur, Renesas does take care in maintaining the security of your Personal Information and in preventing unauthorized access to it.
- Links to other Web Sites
- Changes to this Statement
- Applicable Laws
Renesas will protect your Personal Information in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Contact Us
Please contact the Webmaster through the “Contact Us (Others)” section of the web site if you have any questions or comments about the above.
Social Media Policy
Through the use of social networks, video and file sharing websites, and other types of social media that may be operated under an official account of the Renesas Electronics Group ("Renesas Social Media"), we conduct activities in the manner specified below.
We keep in mind that the general public can access information posted in Renesas Social Media, and that information once posted cannot be completely erased.
We listen attentively to statements directed to us via Renesas Social Media.
We comply with the laws and regulations and company regulations of the Renesas Electronics Group when we post information in Renesas Social Media.
- [Disclaimer] Information posted in Renesas Social Media is not necessarily intended to reflect our official company policy, statements or endorsements. We post our official announcement on our website (http://www.renesas.com) and as press releases, etc. of the Renesas Electronics Group.
- [Contact Information] If you have any questions about Renesas Social Media, please do not hesitate to "Contact Us".
- [Contact Information] If you have any questions about Renesas Social Media, please do not hesitate to "Contact Us". "List of Official Social Media Accounts"
List of Official Social Media Accounts
|Renesas America||RenesasAmerica||General information from Renesas Electronics America Inc.|
|Renesas Brasil||Renesas Brasil||General information from Renesas Electronics Brasil-Servicos Ltda.|
|Renesas Europe||RenesasEurope||General information from Renesas Electronics Europe GmbH|
|Renesas Singapore||RenesasSingapore||General information from Renesas Singapore for India, ANZ and SEA.|
|Renesas Taiwan||RenesasTaiwan||General information from Renesas Electronics Taiwan Co., Ltd.|
|Renesas Japan||Renesas.Japan||General information from Renesas Electronics Corp.|
|Renesas America||RenesasAmerica||General information from Renesas Electronics America Inc.|
|Renesas Brasil||Renesas_Brasil||General information from Renesas Electronics Brasil-Servicos Ltda.|
|Renesas Europe||Renesas_Europe||General information from Renesas Electronics Europe GmbH|
|Renesas Japan||Renesas_Japan||General information from Renesas Electronics Corp.|
|Forum / Blog|
|http://japan.renesasrulz.com/||Renesas community for engineers.|