The ZMOD4410 Gas Sensor Module is designed for detecting total volatile organic compounds (TVOC) and monitoring indoor air quality (IAQ). It is a 12-pin LGA assembly (3.0 x 3.0 x 0.7 mm) that consists of a gas sense element and a CMOS signal conditioning IC. An additional package supporting waterproof IP67 rating is also available (3.0 x 3.0 x 0.9 mm). The module’s sense element consists of a heater element on a Si-based MEMS structure and a metal oxide (MOx) chemiresistor. The signal conditioner controls the sensor temperature and measures the MOx conductivity, which is a function of the gas concentration.
The measurement results can be read via an I2C interface with the user’s microprocessor, which processes the data to determine the TVOC concentration, IAQ rating and estimated carbon dioxide (eCO2) level. This flexibility makes the sensors in the ZMOD4410 platform capable of providing a variety of measurement options by varying the method of operation or changing the firmware used to interpret the resistance measurements. Downloadable firmware libraries and source code provided by IDT enables detection of TVOC and odors and supports smart devices measuring IAQ that require low-power operation. The ZMOD4410 is ideal for applications such as thermostats, air purifiers, building controls, smart fans, HVAC equipment, and smart devices.
- Measurement of total organic compounds (TVOC) concentrations and indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Module algorithm estimates carbon dioxide level (eCO2)
- Additional waterproof package available supporting IP67 rating (ZMOD4410AI3V and ZMOD4410AI3R)
- Algorithm to set a control signal to trigger an external action based on IAQ and odor change
- Multiplexed input channel for heater, resistance, and temperature measurements
- I2C interface: up to 400kHz
- Configurable alarm/interrupt output with static and adaptive levels
- Adjustable ADC resolution for optimal speed versus resolution: 16-bit maximum
- External reset pin (active-LOW)
- Siloxane resistant