C30 Group of USB PD controllers supports the latest USB Power Delivery Specification Revision 3.0 (USB PD 3.0) and USB Type-C™ Specification, and intended for use in a wide range of USB PD products employing direct current (DC) power, such as AC adapters, PCs, smartphones, other consumer and office equipment, and toys.
In addition, the R9J02G012 supports USB Type-C™ Authentication Specification to enable Device-to-Device Authentication for a safer USB PD eco-system. It is available in the compact BGA package, reducing the required mounting area in products such as cables or electronic devices.
- Compliant with Universal Serial Bus Power Delivery Specification Rev 3.0
- Certified by USB-IF: TID=1060008 (Silicon), 1050051 (E-marker)
- Supports Programmable Power Supply
- Supports USB Type-C™ Authentication Specification Revision 1.0
- Supports USB Power Delivery Firmware Update Specification Revision 1.0
- Suitable for Energy Star and EuP specifications for low-power PC peripheral systems
- Built-in USB Type-C™ CC-pin communication circuit and components
- Power supply voltage
- VDD: 2.7-5.5V
- NVCC: 1.8-3.6V
- On-chip oscillator makes external clock input unnecessary
- Package : 42-ball BGA (3.6 mm x 3.1 mm)
- Supports SMBus master and slave functions
- Passed vulnerability assessment AVA_VAN.4 by ECSEC Laboratory Inc.
Internal Block Diagram:
Devices that support USB Type-C™ Authentication
- USB outlets and mobile batteries
- AC adapters, USB PD hubs, and computers
- Mobile devices (smartphones, tablets) and docking stations
- Computing peripherals (monitors, printers, routers, external hard drives)
- Home electronics (digital TVs, set-top boxes, home gateways)
- Point of sale systems and measuring instruments
- USB Type-C™ cables, etc.
Please contact a Renesas sales representative or office.
USB Type-C™ and USB-C™ are trademarks of USB Implementers Forum.
The R9J02G012 uses SuperFlash® technology licensed from Silicon Storage Technology, Inc. SuperFlash® is a registered trademark of Silicon Storage Technology, Inc. of the United States in the United States, Japan, and other countries.
All names of other products or services mentioned in this webpagepress release are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas products.|
|Video||Watch videos related to this product.|