RAJ240045 is Renesas Li-ion battery fuel gauge IC (FGIC) which consists of a MCU device and an AFE device in a single package. Pack with a variety of battery management features and Renesas RL78 CPU core which has multiple low power modes and capable of achieving high performance in ultra-low power operation. RAJ240045 fuel gauge IC has control firmware stored in embedded flash memory to control attached embedded analog and digital circuits to execute battery voltage / current / temperature measurement, remaining capacity estimation, over current / voltage / temperature protection and other battery management operations.
- Fully integrated battery management solution with battery capacity measurement and programmable protection capability.
- Supports 2-4 series Li-ion or Li-Polymer battery cells
- Integrated with Renesas Ultra Low Power RL78 CPU core for multi-function process
- MemoryCode flash memory: 64KB Data flash memory (up to 100,000 erase/write cycles): 4 KBSRAM: 4 KB
- Clock generatorHigh-Speed on-chip oscillator: up to 32 MHz Low speed on-chip oscillator: 15 KHzAFE on-chip oscillator: 4.194MHz
- General Purpose I/O PortsTotal: 12 pinsCMOS input/output: 6CMOS input: 2N-ch open drain: 2 High voltage input [VCC tolerance]: 1High voltage output [VCC tolerance]: 1
- Serial interface CSI (SPI): 1 channelI2C: 1 channelUART: 1 channelSimplified I2C: 1 channel
- TimerMCU 16-bit timer: 5 channelsMCU 12-bit interval timer: 1 channelAFE timer: 2 channels- AFE timer A: setting range: 125 ms to 64 s- AFE timer B: setting range：30.52 us to 125 ms
- Embedded A/D converterAFE 15-bit resolution sigma-delta A/D converter
- Current integration circuit18-bit resolution sigma-delta A/D converter
- Impedance measurement circuitSimultaneous measurement of battery voltage and current
- Over current detection circuitShort circuit current detectionCharge overcurrent detection Discharge overcurrent detectionCharge wakeup current detectionDischarge wakeup current detection
- Series regulator3.3V CREG21.8V CREG1
- Charge and Discharge MOSFET controlHigh side Nch MOSFET drive circuit embeddedProgrammable MOSFET control by 8-bit PWM
- Fuse controlFUSEOUT pin can support fuse blow function.
- Support Intel® Dynamic Battery Power Technology (Intel® DBPT) Note
- Voltage and temperature conditionPower supply voltage: VCC = 4.0 to 25 V Operating ambient temperature: Ta = -20 to +85°C
- Package Information32 pin plastic mold QFN ([Body] 4.0 mm x 4.0 mm, 0.4 mm pitch) Note Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.