The ISL8112EVAL1Z evaluation board is designed to evaluate the performance of the ISL8112 dual-output synchronous buck controller.
The ISL8112 dual-output synchronous buck controller with 2A integrated driver features high light load efficiency which is especially preferred in systems concerned with high efficiency in a wide load range, like a battery powered system.
ISL8112 includes on-board power-up sequencing, power-good outputs, digital soft-start, and internal soft-stop output discharge that prevents negative voltages on shutdown. Additionally, the device is implemented with constant on-time PWM control scheme which need no sense resistors and provides 100ns response to load transients while maintaining a relatively constant switching frequency. The unique ultrasonic pulse-skipping mode maintains the switching frequency above 25kHz, eliminating undesired audible noises in low frequency operation at light load. Other features include pulse skipping which maximizes efficiency in light-load applications, and fixed-frequency PWM mode which reduces RF interference in sensitive applications.
- DC/DC, step down
- Input voltage: 5.5V to 25V
- Output voltage: 0.7V to 5.5V
- Current output: 200mA
- Lead free/RoHS compliant
- Power supply for telecom/datacom and POL
- System requiring high efficiency in wide load range
- Compact design with minimum components count
- PDAs and mobile communication devices
- 3 and 4-cell Li+ battery-powered devices
- DDR1, DDR2 and DDR3 applications