The ISL6115EVAL1Z and ISL6115AEVAL1Z evaluation boards are default provided as +12V high-side switch controllers with the CR level set at ~1.5A (ISL6115EVAL1Z) or ~2.5A (ISL6115AEVAL1Z)
Bias and load connection points are provided along with test points for each IC pin. With J1 installed the ISL6115/A will be biased from the +12V supply (VIN) being switched. Connect the load to VLOAD+. The PWRON pin pulls high internally enabling the ISL6115/A if not driven low via PWRON test point or J2.
With R3 = 750Ω, the CR Vth is set to 15mV, and with the 10mΩ sense resistor (R1), the ISL6115EVAL1Z has a nominal CR level of 1.5A. The 0.01µF delay time to latch-off capacitor results in a nominal 1ms before latch-off of output after an OC event.
With R3 = 1.24kΩ, the CR Vth is set to 24.8mV, and with the 10mΩ sense resistor (R1), the ISL6115AEVAL1Z has a nominal CR level of ~2.5A. The 0.01µF delay time to latch-off capacitor results in a nominal 1ms before latch-off of output after an OC event.
Also included with the ISL6115EVAL1Z board are one each of the ISL6116, ISL6117 and ISL6120 for evaluation of those ICs in a high-side application. Remove J1 and provide a separate +12V IC bias supply via VBIAS test point.
Reconfiguring the ISL6115EVAL1Z and ISL6115AEVAL1Z boards for a higher CR level can be done by changing the RSENSE and/or RISET resistor values as the provided FET is rated for a much higher current.
- Hot swap single power distribution control
- Overcurrent fault isolation
- Programmable current regulation level
- Programmable current regulation time to latch-off
- Rail-to-rail common mode input voltage range
- Internal charge pump allows the use of an N-channel MOSFET for +12V control
- Undervoltage and overcurrent latch indicators
- Adjustable turn-on ramp
- Protection during turn-on
- Two levels of overcurrent detection provide fast response to varying fault conditions
- 1μs response time to dead short
- Pb-free available (RoHS compliant)
- Power distribution control
- Hot plug components and circuit