The e² studio is an Eclipse-based integrated development environment (IDE) for Renesas MCUs. In addition to Eclipse’s own powerful code editor, the e² studio offers a rich range of extended functions. The e² studio covers all development processes, from the downloading of sample code to debugging.
- Simpler Development of IoT Devices Connectable with Cloud Service
The e² studio supports the development of software for IoT devices to be connectable with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Service. The e² studio offers the following powerful functions for FreeRTOS or Azure RTOS.
- The e² studio IDE covers all aspects of development.
- Easily Create Projects and Code Especially for Renesas MCUs.
- Easy-to-Use Eclipse C/C++ Development Tooling (CDT) Editor
- Simple Settings for Building through a GUI; Select a Compiler from Renesas or Our Partner Vendors.
- High-Spec. Debugging Functions in Combination with the Standard GNU Debugger (GDB)
- Reuse Existing Resources by Importing Projects from Other IDEs.
- High Expandability as an Eclipse-Based IDE
- Toolchains Supported by the e² studio
By registering various parts of the toolchain with the e² studio, you can use the tools you require through the e² studio interface alone.
- QE: Tools for Assisting in Application Development in the e² studio
- Learn More
|64-bit version||2022-01||Jan 20, 2022|
|32-bit version (Note1)||V7.8.0||Apr 20, 2020|
- Henceforth, only the 64-bit version of the e² studio is to have regular updates. Updates to the 32-bit version of the e² studio, on the other hand, will be limited to essential modifications.
- Details of upgrade (See Tool News)
- Operating Environment
- How to install (User's Manual chapter 2): for RX, RL78, and RH850 family | for RZ family
- How to Use the e² studio (Installation, Building and Debugging, Generating Code) >>
|e² studio FAQs|
|Where can I find e² studio tutorial?|
|Project Migration from CS+ to e² studio|
See the following for details of the Device Families
- RA Family (Note1)
- RE Family
- RX Family
- RL78 Family
- RH850 Family (Note2)
- RZ Family
- Renesas Synergy™ Microcontrollers (Note3)
- SuperH Family (SH-2 and SH-2A) (Note4)
For details, see the e² studio Release Note.
- For development of RA family, we recommend to install e² studio by platform installer included FSP(Flexible Software Package).
Platform Installer >>
- Supports debugging function only.
- For development of Renesas synergy, we recommend to install e² studio by ISDE.
For more information >>
- Supports SH Family device projects in V5.4.0 or earlier versions only.