Renesas provides a complete development environment with hardware and software for automotive gateway applications supporting the new E/E architecture.
This reference board consists of a CPU board with core System-on-Chip (SoC), power management IC (PMIC) and memory, and an interface board, enabling support for a variety of networks.
The R-Car S4 is an advanced SoC with embedded MCU cores capable of ultra-low power operation. Combine with PMICs (RAA271041 + RAA271005) developed for R-Car Gen4 to enable optimal power control and functional safety support.
- Reduces the board size and BoM costs through MCU core integration into R-Car SoC, and uses a single board to control both MCU domain and application SoC domain, which previously required separately.
- Shorten the time to market with simplified design in the core system by installing R-Car S4, LPDDR4x-4266 memory and HyperFlash™ memory on the CPU board.
- Supports 16 channels of CAN FD (can be used as 16 channels of LIN and 8 channels of SENT by multi-function), 2 channels of FlexRay, 2 channels of PCIe V4.0 x2 lanes, and 3 channels of 5G-USXGMII for Ethernet.
- The combination of pre-regulators and PMICs developed for R-Car S4 can provide various supply voltages to meet functional safety requirements up to ASIL D in accordance with ISO 26262.
- Clock generator capable of generating multiple outputs and PCIe Gen1-4 clocks for automotive applications, supporting multiple channels in a single device.
|Boards and Kits with SoC|
|R-Car S4 Reference Board
Design information (Schematic, Gerber, BOM list) and driver software can be provided on request.
|Contact Sales||Contact Sales|
|ISL78233||3A Compact Synchronous Buck Regulator||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|ISL78322||Dual 2A/1.7A Low Quiescent Current 2.25MHz High-Efficiency Synchronous Buck Regulator||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|12-Channel Automotive Clock Generator||Contact Sales||Contact Sales|
|ISL78310||High-Performance 1A LDO||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|Power Management IC (PMIC)|
|RAA271005||Automotive 11ch Safe SoC PMIC with Extremely Low Quiescent Current||Datasheet||Contact Sales|
|RAA271041||Cold Crank Boost and Buck Controller with Drivers for ASIL-D Automotive Applications||User's Manual||Contact Sales|
|R-Car S4||Automotive System-on-Chip (SoC) for Car Server/Communication Gateway||User's Manual||Contact Sales|